• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    You probably kept your EOTech to bright because in reality the center dot on an EOTech is smaller than 1MOA. This is evident under a 3x magnifier as the dot does not get larger.
    Military Camp

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    Don't sell Primary Arms short. Their products get great reviews on AR15.com and other AR forums. I ran a PA M4 on my AR for about three years before I just had to have an Eotech. Put an XPS2-0 on the AR and honestly I can't tell enough difference to justify the $350 difference. But, that's just me.

I've got an XPS2 and the Primary Arms M4 clone, and honestly I prefer the PA rds. Its easier for me to see the dot.
    Something about the eotech and my eyes just dont always seem to get along.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    So what is this "locktite" product I keep hearing about? Because I finally got my scope where it needs to be, and then realized that the screws attaching it to the mount had rattled loose during firing. I've heard about a product called "locktite". Is this something I put directly on the threads of the screws? Just wondering.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    yes put em on there but make sure its blue locktite can pick it up any walmart or any hardware store even walgreens and cvs should have some.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Aimpoint is almost worth the cost in the battery run time alone. You could just leave it on all the time. Great for a rifle you want to have instant access to. For the cheaper dots, here's a quick run down of my experiences...

Bushnell 1x28 trophy red dot: I really like this sight. It would be better if it went just a little brighter. It washes out on bright colors in full sun. Eats batteries if you use it a lot.

Primary Arms, various: Seem to be well constructed and durable. Reticles aren't as clear as the Bushnell, but are brighter.

AM Sports, various: Looks like the same products as Primary Arms, but I think they are the ones that didn't pass QC. Reticles are bright and usable, but sometimes blurry.

Tasco, Barska, NCstar, and other really cheap ones: Blurry dots. Usable I suppose, but it's annoying. I find most of them to be bright enough, but there's occasionally one that is too dim. Not sure how durable they are. Probably fine on a small caliber rifle that is just used for plinking.

Top Bottom