• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    On 28 Jan I mailed my order form to the CMP for an Underwood service grade M1 carbine. On 4 Mar they emailed and said they recieved the order wait for 60-90 days to hear more. On 29 Apr the debit hit my account and today they emailed me a tracking number. FedEx says it will be here tomorrow. Now I got to get out of work early so I can play with it.
    ARJ Defense ad

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Good deal. A friend of mine ordered one in January also, and just got it on Monday. It's like his 8th or 9th one from the CMP. This one is rack grade, and it's in better condition than some of his service grades.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I need a good lawyer. I told the wife the FedEx was expected at 1030 make sure she was around. I went home for a long lunch at 1100 to check out the new haardware only to find out she didn't hear the doorbell. I am thinking about divrcing her but it might be cheaper to dig a hole.

She said she is going to pick it up at the FedEx depot this evening, so we will see what happens. If not I will need a blueprint on an eternal resting place.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I wouldn't talk like that about anyone in public, especially your spouse, even though you are joking. You just never know...

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Yeah you are right the havenots are watching. It just pissed me off earlier. If she redeems herself tonight it would be cool, if not I will get t tomorrow when they redeliver. She said it isn't a big deal and I had to calmly explain to her what 4 months of waiting can do to a mans nerves. She still doesn't understand but understands it is a touchy subject today.

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Relax...when you get the Carbine..its not as if there is any ammo around to run through the thing! LOL

Seriously..have you tried to FIND 30 Carbine lately? Have you PRICED it? Be sitting down when you do both of those things.

Sad, because the Carbine is a hoot to shoot.

- brickboy240

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    +1....did you ever get your M1?
    Yes the wife picked it up last night. I was too busy fondling her to get any good pictures, I will put some up this evening. It is an Underwood and the barrel is dated 1943. The bolt has some wear on the finish however it still looks nice. The stock is beat up, but there is no Greek marks on it so thats cool. I am going to post it tonight, any extra insight about the markings would be great.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    You're certainly making it hard for me to contain my comments.

We are talking about the M1 here, right?

Glad you got it without any further hiccups!

Of course the Carbine its new, I've had the wife for a while. I will have pics up in a little bit.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Humble, TX
    CMP is selling .30 carbine ammunition again. I just got my first can of .30.06 ammo and can finally take my CMP Garand to the range. Garanditis.... it is a very serious illness.

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Here are a few pictures I took of the rifle. The stock is pretty beat up but I like to believe it is from the teeth of some North Koreans ala Clint Eastwood style.

Carbine 1.jpg

carbine 2.jpg

Carbine 3.jpg

carbine 4.jpg

D-Day

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I have been wanting it for a few years now, just finally decided to make the jump. Next I gotta get its big brother the Garand.

Top Bottom