• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    At what age did yall start having problems? I'm almost 40 but can still drop it like it's hot. Wondering when it's all going to come crashing down
    Target Sports

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    At what age did yall start having problems? I'm almost 40 but can still drop it like it's hot. Wondering when it's all going to come crashing down
    You can't mark it on a calender but at some point you'll realize you have arrived. I've worked with guys several decades younger than me that are having back or knee problems.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    The cortisone is better than nothing. I cannot take NSAIDs otherwise an anti inflammatory would be a good choice. I had Monovisc injections in both knees. It took an act of congress to pay them but they provided a major improvement. The shot is supposed to tell my body to regrow the cartridge. It has only been a few weeks but there is a remarkable improvement. It is a good choice before attempting major surgery. Please consult your doctor, I don’t even pretend to be one in online forums…

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The cortisone is better than nothing. I cannot take NSAIDs otherwise an anti inflammatory would be a good choice. I had Monovisc injections in both knees. It took an act of congress to pay them but they provided a major improvement. The shot is supposed to tell my body to regrow the cartridge. It has only been a few weeks but there is a remarkable improvement. It is a good choice before attempting major surgery. Please consult your doctor, I don’t even pretend to be one in online forums…

It says they are good for up to 6 months.
    Then get them again?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

You can't mark it on a calender but at some point you'll realize you have arrived. I've worked with guys several decades younger than me that are having back or knee problems.

Everyone is different. Mine started way before 40. But I have LOTS of injuries.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I have to concur with @Tnhawk and @jrbfishn . My knees and back started giving me problems in my mid 30's. A lot of different factors come into play. your size and weight, your health and lifestyle, your job and recreational activities, and possibly previous injuries. I spent a good portion of my career working and standing on conrete, and concrete is hard on backs and knees. My own father started having problems in his late 30's.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    I have to concur with @Tnhawk and @jrbfishn . My knees and back started giving me problems in my mid 30's. A lot of different factors come into play. your size and weight, your health and lifestyle, your job and recreational activities, and possibly previous injuries. I spent a good portion of my career working and standing on conrete, and concrete is hard on backs and knees. My own father started having problems in his late 30's.
    Oh man, I'm screwed then. My dad has had a hip replacement, I stand in a shop all day, and I have a few old football injuries.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Oh man, I'm screwed then. My dad has had a hip replacement, I stand in a shop all day, and I have a few old football injuries.
    Sorry to hear that. Might be time to start a discussion with your primary care doctor and see if you can get ahead of the pronlem before it becomes too bad. I wish I had. It forced me into earlier retirement than I had planned for. Personally, I won't recommend anything since I'm not a doctor, and wished I had gotten ahead of mine many years ago with my own doctor. Trust me, it doesn't get any better with time either. I have been suffering for almost thirty years now.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    It says they are good for up to 6 months.
    Then get them again?
    Insurance will only pay for them every 6 months. Fortunately the injections are additive in effect. It stimulates your body to rebuild the cartilage. If I recall the hyanuric acid is the base chemical. I asked the doctor because I had heard the substance used in face creams to remove wrinkles. I can attest that it has to some extent made my knee joints function much better.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It apprears that I was born with bad feet. So like any structure a bad foundation results in structural problems. My teens had me tearing everything up on the diry dikes. Then factor in I was a retail meat cutter who was on my feet all day in the cold for 36 years.

I blew my very first knee out in my mid teens. That doctor order up the rest of the summer in a inner tube drink beer, chasing the ladies in the quarry's. I had a bad fall in 2016 that blew up my left knee, but never recieved any repairs. Actually worked 2 months with it fractured 2 jobs to the tune of 80 hour weeks.

I have had more surgeies then most and the recoveries just added on weight on me.

Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    I’m 33 and already feel I’m screwed, laying tile and doing roofs don’t help. I feel like as soon as I hit 30 my back and joints let me know real quick. I have been doing it for 13 years though and before that motocross, hauling hay and training cutting horses so that probably didn’t help either.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Insurance will only pay for them every 6 months. Fortunately the injections are additive in effect. It stimulates your body to rebuild the cartilage. If I recall the hyanuric acid is the base chemical. I asked the doctor because I had heard the substance used in face creams to remove wrinkles. I can attest that it has to some extent made my knee joints function much better.
    A couple of cops I know & use to work with had bad knees & said there were new injections. Police lady called her's chicken skin injections.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I went to a chiropractor because my back was always sore. After some X-ray evidence, it appears that my right leg is 8mm shorter than my left leg. 45 years I never knew to even look for something so simple. Long story short I put an almost imperceptible lift in my right shoe and I walk 1000% better. Long walks no longer hurt.
    However in an attempt to become fit, I started walking 2-3 miles every day during Covid.
    I learned the hard way, if you are overweight then use a bicycle, or elliptical machine. They do not stress your knees like walking does.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I went to a chiropractor because my back was always sore. After some X-ray evidence, it appears that my right leg is 8mm shorter than my left leg. 45 years I never knew to even look for something so simple. Long story short I put an almost imperceptible lift in my right shoe and I walk 1000% better. Long walks no longer hurt.
    However in an attempt to become fit, I started walking 2-3 miles every day during Covid.
    I learned the hard way, if you are overweight then use a bicycle, or elliptical machine. They do not stress your knees like walking does.
    The more weight you carry adds more stress to your knees and back. Walking is good exercise for many things, provided other things are in order.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I've seen commercials on TV about injecting lubricant in your knee, not cortisone. My wife had a knee replacement about 15 year's ago, said she wouldn't do it again. Probably they are more advanced now. My brother is having both knee's done next month.
    I hear radio spots daily for some treatment that isn't steroids, is not surgery. Sounds like growth hormones ? Something Kinetics ? Anyone know what it's about?

ETA: I remembered the full name.
    These guys: https://qckinetix.com/

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Some minor issues from probably 50 yo, I took glucosamine and MSM. Spring of 2015..., 60 yo, I had severe knee pain for a couple weeks. In restropect, I wonder if I had lyme disease. Anyway, after that episode, my knees deteriorated rapidly. I had them replaced in fall 2020.

Top Bottom