• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Question is about Residency.

Im a Texas resident and last month there was a failed break in at my Apartment. We were on the first floor and I didn't like it from the get-go. So we moved a few days ago to a new Apartment on the 2nd floor but in the same complex (couldnt afford to break lease agreements and restart elsewhere).

I need to now get my Drivers License address changed.

Will I need to have my new drivers license in hand to get my CHL? IM guessing yes but its just a guess and i haven't had a chance to call any classes to get the inside scoop.

JOe
    Capitol Armory ad

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    When you change your address, they should give you a paper temporary license to accompany your picture license. I would think that it would be valid.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    When I got my Commercial Drivers License 6 months back, they took my regular Drivers License with the picture on it and only issued me a Paper temp. I tried to purchase a gun with it wheni had it and was denied because there was no picture.

JOe

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Question is about Residency.

Im a Texas resident and last month there was a failed break in at my Apartment. We were on the first floor and I didn't like it from the get-go. So we moved a few days ago to a new Apartment on the 2nd floor but in the same complex (couldnt afford to break lease agreements and restart elsewhere).

I need to now get my Drivers License address changed.

Will I need to have my new drivers license in hand to get my CHL?

No.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Will I need to have my new drivers license in hand to get my CHL? IM guessing yes but its just a guess and i haven't had a chance to call any classes to get the inside scoop.

JOe

Nope. A valid picture ID or Driver License from another state is adequate. If you're using your TX DL # on your docs (and you should), your instructor will most likely want to see your paper license.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    My drivers license does not have my apartment number on it, only my street address. The DPS Office in Austin didnt have a problem with it and my CHL came with my apartment number on it. So ah... I would worry to much about it. None of the DPS I know (including my brother, a Cpt in Harris) or the local LEOs have had a problem with it.
    Hell, ran into or rather was stopped by two of Texas's Finest troopers a week or two ago and neither one said anything either and I didnt know either one. Oddly enough, my brother went to the academy with one of them. lol.

Top Bottom