• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I haven't had water since Sunday, and power just restored yesterday.

It's amazing how little people prepare, always looking for someone else to take care of them. The whole thing has been an inconvenience, I feel sorry for the people that have no will to have extra food, clothing, water, firewood, and just general supplies to handle an interruption in normal supply lines and weather.

God help us if we run in to real challenges, many will fold too easily.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol I voted for Trump too. I just try to hold all our politician to the same standard. No politician should get a pass when they don’t do their job. That includes Ted. He said himself this was a mistake but he’s only sorry he got caught.

I find it interesting how we as a nation have different standards of accountability based on party. And we do. This isn’t just an issue here, it’s coast to coast. One of the reasons I don’t identify with any party (but I’ve voted Republican for over 2 decades)

Getting federal assistance is very important right now. People need help. A US senator can be very instrumental in helping to get those resources to Texas. Now.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say there are many texans right now that will take assistance in getting any help they can from anyone they can get it from.

My wife and I took people & pets in, fed them, gave them food and cash when they were able to go home again. Pulled a couple of folks out of ditches and I didn’t once consider to ask if they were a liberal or a conservative. Never crossed my mind. We just wanted to help. As a matter of fact. I think I’ll get off the web and get my ass back out to see if I can help anyone.

Y’all keep defending Fled Cruz lol.

View attachment 245230

What was “wrong” about it? How did he hurt anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smw66

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2021
    USA
    Nothing he cold have done probably, but the optics are terrible. Kind of along the same lines as Pelosi getting her hair done, or that moron governor of California out to dinner.

And for his terrible judgement, he will pay. He knows it too.

ronbwolf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2016
    Just more MSM, "Look over here at this shiny object," bullshirt. Slow Joe and the Hoe stole an election, are guarded by thousands of troops, who they do not even trust with ammo, and we are supposed to care where some politician takes his family on vacation? Get you karen head out of your ass, if this is "news" to you..... just say, "baaaaaahhh!"

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Nothing he cold have done probably, but the optics are terrible. Kind of along the same lines as Pelosi getting her hair done, or that moron governor of California out to dinner.

Just curious, did you cancel your vacation plans because of the freezing weather in Texas?

I didn't. Why should Cruz.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas

Nobody is going to "pay". In this minute to minute cyber-news cycle it will blow over like a bird flying by, as it should, considering he did nothing wrong.. he's groveling because that is what you have to do now in order to stay in the game. Cruz doesn't want to lose his job that he has put a lot of years and work into. He too has a family to feed, you whiney angry miscreants should hush and get off his back. Check his Bio.. he is a helluva lot smarter than most on this here Texas gun lovers blog.

Analog Kid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Rockwall, Texas
    joe-biden-beto-ill-give-you-my-gun.jpg

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

How does it have anything in common with the 2 faced bullshit of the examples you mentioned?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Politicians get in the way of those who actually conduct the work to get things back in order. Sideshow Beto and his phone bank - I don't buy that for a damn minute. They didn't do anything that those people wouldn't / couldn't have done themselves. People act like its 1990 and everyone doesn't have a damn cell phone, pretending we're all on POTS land lines. Beto claims he arranged rides to warming shelters where people could get a meal...okay great, those same people couldn't phone a friend, drive themselves, or get a damn Uber? And those warming shelters no doubt were under COVID restrictions and had limited capacity anyway.

Honestly what was Ted supposed to do? Sit at home in the dark like everyone else? Arrange photo ops? Deliver generators and Whataburger door to door? Congress is in recess. He's not going to be coordinating reliefe monies - Congress is not in session, no spending bills or emergency packages are going to be getting approved until they're back in session.

Greg Abbott is in charge of the state, and each county has a county judge, and every city has a mayor or city manager to direct shit. Cruz isn't the head of ERCOT, he's not on the board of any power company, he's not a lineman, he's just a damn lawyer turned politician. Let the man and his family enjoy their damn vacation - anyone with the resources he has would've likely been doing the same. This is a sideshow to distract us from the shit Joe & HoHoHoe are pulling - like their push for HR127.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    If I had the resources, I'd have been right there in Cancun, drinking Margarita's and watching the pretty girls in bikini's walking along the beach, when my wife wasn't keeping an eye on me!

And would have waved and said hello to Ted when I saw him there! Probably would have invited him over to share a beer with him.

Just another MSM story to take our attention off more important things. Some of you fell for it, hook, line and sinker! Yep. that new shiny object that grabbed your attention.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    Now that I know about this thread

If this keeps up Texas will become a communist state and he'll be one of the reasons for it

A lot of people suffered and most will remember what he did

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Now that I know about this thread

If this keeps up Texas will become a communist state and he'll be one of the reasons for it

A lot of people suffered and most will remember what he did

Please explain exactly what Ted Cruz did wrong and what you think he should have done differently.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    Please explain exactly what Ted Cruz did wrong and what you think he should have done differently.

Should have stayed in Texas with the rest of the representatives until it was over

He could have sent his family to a warm place and he stayed here

It looked like he didn't care about the people who were suffering, if he wanted to protect his family, which is understandable, they could have went without out him

There are those (who voted red) who see him as someone who doesn't care and it may hurt the Texas GOP at voting time

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom