Cedar Park,TX

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Although I'm not a fan of Michelle O, I don't see the big deal. On the other hand I was offended when I opened the link and was subjected to her picture which always raises my PB a few points.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It's a parent's job to embarrass their children... She just embarrassed them on a national scale. Job well done!

All kidding aside, I don't see what the big deal is.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'd like to apologise to Navy guy for not posting a warning on the on the title I will edit the post so there is a warning to future readers of this forum that there will be an image of Michelle O. LOL!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'd like to apologise to Navy guy for not posting a warning on the on the title I will edit the post so there is a warning to future readers of this forum that there will be an image of Michelle O. LOL!

Well it's been a couple of days, and my eyes are starting to clear up, and BP is almost back to normal. LOL

oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    One of the very few good things they have done this past year is bring up the issue of weight as a health issue, however she should have said it in a less damaging way pertaining to her daughters.

“In my eyes I thought my children were perfect,” Mrs. Obama said at the January launch of her initiative. “I didn’t see the changes.”

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I thinks it is a parents job to supervise the health of their young children. When the kids grow up and move out they can drink beer and get fat all they want.
    I find it strange that the kids are "overweight" because the White House has professional chefs etc who make meals. Why not just put her on a "fat kid" diet. In Basic Training, we had fat recruits. You put them on a "fat boy" diet which got no sweets and no sodas. That, and 15 hour work days seemed to melt the fat off pretty quickly.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's because calling your daughters fat when they're that age can screw them up.

That and it doesn't look like they've actually been getting fat. The "medical" definitions of "overweight" and "obese" are ridiculous.

Oh, and it's a bit offensive seeing her use her kids like this, even if it's now "normal" and completely expected.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    If your own mother can't tell you your getting fat and to change your diet of cheatos and beer, then who can?

I find it amusing that no one can criticize a kid in puberty for anything. They're too fragile to be told anything their little hormone-driven minds might get upset by. I also find it interesting that teenage girls are encouraged to throw the "skinny=beautiful" stereotype by the wayside and be comfortable with their natural beauty....unless they're fat. I can understand why kids are messed up these days. Being skinny is a sure-fire ticket to the counselors office for eating-disorder therapy, but if you gain a couple pounds, you need a diet and a personal trainer.

Top Bottom