• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big_Blue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Spring
    Not sure this has been answered before, and I know it isn't defined in the State Laws. I am a CHL Holder, and was trying to get a clear answer on if it is legal to carry your weapon on you, and not in the console, or elsewhere while in your vehicle. I have heard of people carrying it in a Holster on their Person while in a Vehicle, but just wanted to get a clear answer. Does it matter....as long as it is concealed....because at the moment, I just carry it in the console, and put the weapon in my Holster before I exit my Truck? I would like to avoid the possibility of someone spotting me doing this....and would like to just keep it holstered at all times.....but just want to be 100% legal at all times too. Thanks in advance, and looking forward to reading more Threads.

Joe
    Venture Surplus ad

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Yes. "Carrying" is generally defined as "on or about your person," so there's no problem wearing your handgun on your person while in your vehicle. Just keep in mind that some methods of concealed carry make the weapon nearly inaccessible while seated in your vehicle. If you do remove your weapon while in your vehicle, be sure it's concealed, and be sure you remember to take it with you or lock it away safely when you exit the vehicle.

Big_Blue

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Spring
    Thanks for the Responses Fellas, and I really appreciate the Clarification. I will have to take a seat in there, and see what will work best for me....but just wanted to get a definite answer.

Top Bottom