• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I had posted a renewal question several days ago the Texas Investigator so kindly replied but since I posted in the wrong place thought I would update here. Original question was did I qualify for a online renewal without taking the class since it was my 3rd renewal. TI suggested I call DPS.....which I did and talked to a wonderful lady that took the time to walk me through what to expect once I entered the on line site. Most helpful was to be sure and use my senior citizen status instead on Veteran because price is the same and senior requires no paperwork to verify veterans status. even told me to make sure my printer had paper, ink etc because at the conclusion you are required to print Bar Code that must be mailed in to DPS along with a checklist of what must be mailed. In my case only the Barcode sheet was required and the DPS lady reminded me to hand Print "EXEMPT" next to the box requiring CDL-100 Training Form. The complete process was very easy!! I will mail in the paperwork tomorrow (1-18-2011) and will report back on this thread when I actually get my new card in the mail.
    DK Firearms

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks for the update ... it does leave one unanswered question: At what point are we eligible for on-line renewal? 1st renewal, 2nd renewal, 3rd (obviously yes since you were)...

You can renew online at your first renewal...but only within the six-month window of eligibility.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    I had posted a renewal question several days ago the Texas Investigator so kindly replied but since I posted in the wrong place thought I would update here. Original question was did I qualify for a online renewal without taking the class since it was my 3rd renewal. TI suggested I call DPS.....which I did and talked to a wonderful lady that took the time to walk me through what to expect once I entered the on line site. Most helpful was to be sure and use my senior citizen status instead on Veteran because price is the same and senior requires no paperwork to verify veterans status. even told me to make sure my printer had paper, ink etc because at the conclusion you are required to print Bar Code that must be mailed in to DPS along with a checklist of what must be mailed. In my case only the Barcode sheet was required and the DPS lady reminded me to hand Print "EXEMPT" next to the box requiring CDL-100 Training Form. The complete process was very easy!! I will mail in the paperwork tomorrow (1-18-2011) and will report back on this thread when I actually get my new card in the mail.

WOW! That was fast! Did on line renewal 1-17-11, maile paperwork 1-18-11 and just received my new plastic. exactly 14 days from on line portion and 13 days from mailing the paperwork. IT DOESN'T GET ANY EASIER THAN THAT!!

Top Bottom