• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Hey folks. I bought an ancient Mosin Nagant a couple of years ago for $80 just to see how much I could change an old gun into something different. Here's what I came up with:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aside from the appearance, I floated the barrel and took all of the slack out of the trigger. I eventually took off the El Cheapo Especial bipod as it added too much heft to an already colossal gun.

Pretty fun!

I thought it would be fun for us to post pictures of things we have which are uniquely customized. What do any of you folks have out there?

sdsmith0322

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    San Antonio
    I love my Mosin. Question for anyone that would know. Other than maybe a scope which is adjustable, what else can I do to my Mosin to make it more accurate?

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Currently in a Turkish Mauser build, Cut the barrel 4 inches, scope mount installed, jeweled the bolt. Yesterday I received the Boyd Stock ordered last week, fitted, sanded and stained today. This weekend the metal gets a new finish in duracoat. Next however is to fit a hardwood floorplate and make a new trigger guard as the original rifle was short the base plate with trigger guard. However as the original gun cost about $35 and came with an aftermarket plastic sporterized stock that is currently available for sale trade... After that I just might consider doing some work on the M44 or 91/30 that were early birthday presents. Pictures will follow

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    i have a mosin with a customized sporter stock made out of the original, no upper handguards extended the stock up front filled all the holes with bondo. bedded the action, floated the barrel, added a scope mount and 6-24x40 scope, fluffed and buffed the trigger and had the bolt handle bent, added a safety ring and fully polished it also cut a few links off the firing pin spring to ease the bolt movement. its one of my favorites right now. i took it out last weekend and got off 4 shots before i got a shell stuck and pulled out the ar. the 4 shots made a perfect vertical line about an inch long dead center of the target.

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Here's what I call my Gecko gun. Borrowing high cap's idea with the fishnet painting apparatus, I went out to get a decent can of krylon to test out the idea on an old Stevens 87A of mine with a plastic (bakelite or whatever you want to call it) stock. Well, that paint is expensive. I found a clearance can of what color was called satin pistachio. Thinking, hell, I go out to the river rather often, this will blend right in.
    This is what came out. Personally, I love it despite it's odd nature. Black undercoat was done with aerosol spray in bed-liner to give it better texture.

View attachment 7155 View attachment 7156

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Oooooh! Damn, now that's a cool idea! A can of clear wood varnish should do a good job of keeping the paint from chipping.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    100_2933.jpg This is my 8mm Turk, Completed the dura coat yesterday, still need to complete the finish on the stock and make a trigger guard. Came with a plastic stock and buggered "bent" bolt. Jeweled the bolt, fixed the cocking lever, cut 4" off the barrel and sweated off the old rear site, mounted a scope and fitted the new stock, Have cut an oak floor plate, just need final fitting and adjustments before finishing it and final finish on the stock. The bi-pod is just to hold it for the picture.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    London, why did you keep the upper handguard and rings on the mosin? I've always wanted to see a 91/30 without the upper handguard and the lower stock front end cut off a bit like yours is.

I might try that on my 91/30.

It looks better without it, in my opinion. Here are a few pics from when i was taking it apart to clean the cosmoline off.

66cb3fa3.jpg

170616d8.jpg

745c44c9.jpg

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Honestly, I just thought it looked cooler. :rolleyes: It would be much more practical to cut off everything forward of the hand grooves, but this was a toy, nothing serious. At least I can't burn my hand.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I was going for FAL but only three would look a little odd. They were modeled after the ones on my AK, actually, so you aren't far off at all.

Top Bottom