• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    A few good deals in there, but most of these prices range from average to bad.

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    You dirty rat bastard! :mad: This is in my backyard and you're giving up my little secret that no one else knew about until you posted a link!!!. :banghead:

LoL .. Seriously folks, I attended an auction this summer with 20-25 firearms included, some being modern handguns (XD, Glock, Kimber, etc.). I sat next to a man and his @14yo boy (who clearly knew more than the grownups) and we marveled at the prices paid. Most, if not all, sold at or ABOVE NIB retail cost. I see the current auction lists accessories only so no clue how those well sell.

On the plus side David, Liz and the entire auction crew are great people and run a smooth operation so it can be an entertaining evening watching people be stoopit. :evil:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    PS: This is small town Texas and there is one head for the entire auction house. I'm guessing there was 150 people at the last one I attended, plan well. ;)

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    They seriously need a 'gun guy' to proof read their postings.

Box of 20 7.62x54R Hunting Rifle Ammunition
    Box of 20 Russian made 7.62x54R non corrosive ammunition (8mm Mauser). New old stock and some used stock from the estate of firearms dealer-gunsmith.

Glockster, call them up and offer to help for a small commission :)

There is some hard to find stuff in there.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Glockster, I'm really sorry!! LOL!! But I'll bring a 12 pack if you let me know when an auction is on and I'm in town....this looks like FUN!!!
    Seriously??? None of these OTHER putzes knew about these auctions until you piped UP! LoL

Ahh, ain't no thang, all on the web. They really went crazy buying a couple months ago. Absolutely no idea why they paid NIB retail+ on used guns. I guess cuz small town HS football hadn't started yet and they needed something to fight over. ;)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

Glockster, call them up and offer to help for a small commission :)
    No one can know ALL things about guns, agreed? I suspect some of the descriptions may be haggled over and won by the property owner before they are posted. Make sense?

During a conversation with David some time ago he said he cleans and shoots (almost? <I don't recall>) every gun auctioned. He had a glimmer of fun in his eye so assumed it was true.

subseashooter

Use Your Imagination.....
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Here and There
    Seriously??? None of these OTHER putzes knew about these auctions until you piped UP! LoL

Ahh, ain't no thang, all on the web. They really went crazy buying a couple months ago. Absolutely no idea why they paid NIB retail+ on used guns. I guess cuz small town HS football hadn't started yet and they needed something to fight over. ;)

LO!! That's why I'm offering the first 12pack!! :-D

And I promise not to bid on anything you bid on. :-)

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    No one can know ALL things about guns, agreed?

You are correct, however I have faith in your ability to know the difference between clip and magazine, and that generally they are not tagged together as 'magazine clip' that is so prominent in their ad. I also think you would know that 7.62x54R is not 8 mm Mauser as they listed. That is just a few as I did not read the descriptions, a simple proof reading would have helped by someone with more than basic gun knowledge.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That is just a few as I did not read the descriptions, a simple proof reading would have helped by someone with more than basic gun knowledge.
    Since you're being such a Nazi about it, I'm surprised you didn't comment on this ...

Online Auction Begins to End at 5:00 PM CST 11/22/2014

:laughing:

Previous auction online bidding was stopped at 3:00pm and those bids never won the item(s) during auctions I attended.
    Any of y'all plan on attending?

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Previous auction online bidding was stopped at 3:00pm and those bids never won the item(s) during auctions I attended.

Because they are doing it wrong. The auctions I go to use a proxy bidding system. You give them a high bid and it is kept secret. Then when the bidding starts you are put in as a bidder until the bidding goes over your high number. If it doesn't get there you win. You don't pay your high amount, just where the bidding stopped.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Since you're being such a Nazi about it, I'm surprised you didn't comment on this ...

Online Auction Begins to End at 5:00 PM CST 11/22/2014

:laughing:

Any of y'all plan on attending?

I understood that as meaning that it is a soft ending/closing. That is where an auction continues past it's scheduled closing time to allow last minute bidding. For example, the auction time gets extended by 3 minutes if a bid comes in at the last minute to allow others to re-bid on the item, if they do re-bid another 3 minutes is added. This allows the price to continue to climb until everyone is done, not just getting lucky and getting the last bid in before time expires.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I see they have magazine clips...

Lots of rare magazine clips there. I'll do some digging into my "rare magazine clip" box and see if I still have my magazine clip gun. I'm a bidder fer sure.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I understood that as meaning that it is a soft ending/closing. That is where an auction continues past it's scheduled closing time to allow last minute bidding. For example, the auction time gets extended by 3 minutes if a bid comes in at the last minute to allow others to re-bid on the item, if they do re-bid another 3 minutes is added. This allows the price to continue to climb until everyone is done, not just getting lucky and getting the last bid in before time expires.
    Looks like you nailed it Acera. (OR ... you cheated :p)

From the *Auction Information* tab on their site:
    Description: Bidding for this auction will begin as soon as items are uploaded and will BEGIN TO END November 22nd @ 5 pm CST. Lot closing is staggered to allow time extension for items bid on in the final minutes of the auction. (ex: Your bid is winning, then in the last few minutes someone overbids you - You will have up to 3 min to bid again if you want to up your bid to win and likewise for the other bidder.)
    Please note - this will be an online only auction, there will not be a live auction of these items.
    Emphasis added

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom