• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I saw this advertised on TexasGunTrader, and thought I'd pass it along...

Open Carry of Handguns in Texas Petition

I don't know how effective this will be, I have my qualms about online petitions but it claims to have over 73000 signatures (which would have to be verified, of course) so there must be some effort behind it.

Cheers! M2
    ARJ Defense ad

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Are your qualms with online petitions or Open Carry?

I'll vote for Open Carry but carry concealed to preserve the element of surprise.

Be well.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Online petitions. I have read where they are pointless as without an actual signature, they're unverifiable. Snopes pretty much agrees...

snopes.com: Internet Petitions

However, they can draw attention to an issue and may generate some interest to where change can occur. Still, on the other hand; they can easily be marketing scams to collect information. These days you never know.

I am still debating on signing this one, I am impressed by the 73,000+ signatures it allegedly has; but again it would be quite easy to falsify that to lure people to sign it.

Yeah, I know, I'm paranoid as hell; but it comes with the profession! :ohnoes:

As for open carry, I am actually more supportive of it than I have been in the past. Same as you, I'd like to have the option but would still carry concealed the vast majority of the time. I don't see any reason why Texas of all states should be one of the few states that doesn't allow it...

Cheers! M2

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I just noticed this at the bottom of the petition...

[SIZE=-1]The Open Carry of Handguns in Texas Petition to Texas State Legislature and Texas Governor Rick Perry was created by and written by Ian McCarthy (texasopencarry@gmail.com).[/SIZE]

And further research shows this has petition has been going on for almost four years now (Archives.org shows it was established on 16 Nov 2007).

So at this point I don't know how useful it would be to "sign" this...

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom