• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    texas
    We are proud to announce that Lone Star Citizen's Defense League has gained sponsers for Open Carry Legislation. The text will be reviewed by our supporters this week and we plan to have Open Carry in the 82nd Legislative session as early as next week.
    The introduced Bill's will be posted on the LSCDL website. We are also adding Newsletter Software. This feature will allow our members to instant message our newsletters to thier elected officials.
    To support the effort of Lone Star Citizen's Defense League, please visit our website. :patriot:
    DK Firearms

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I wonder how much open carry will help us if they keep the unarmed victim zones (colleges) and "get fired for having a gun in your car" zones known as employee parking lots?

Would we be willing to work together to get all of it, campus carry, a parking lot bill, and open carry? Or, will we start throwing each other under the bus as "peace offerings" to get what we want?

What should be our priorities? Will open carry protect more innocent citizens than campus carry and a parking lot bill? My hope is that all three will pass, but, if I have to choose, I will pick campus carry and a parking lot bill so that I can protect myself and my students while we are waiting on a police response to arrive.

Cliffh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    North Texas
    I wonder how much open carry will help us if they keep the unarmed victim zones (colleges) and "get fired for having a gun in your car" zones known as employee parking lots?

Would we be willing to work together to get all of it, campus carry, a parking lot bill, and open carry? Or, will we start throwing each other under the bus as "peace offerings" to get what we want?

What should be our priorities? Will open carry protect more innocent citizens than campus carry and a parking lot bill? My hope is that all three will pass, but, if I have to choose, I will pick campus carry and a parking lot bill so that I can protect myself and my students while we are waiting on a police response to arrive.

There's no logical reason why various pro-2A groups can't work together on various efforts. For example, the TSRA wants parking lot & campus carry, the LSCDL wants Con. carry; the two should be able to support each other via messages to members & legislators etc.

Will OC protect more people than parking lot or campus carry? That question as posed is impossible to answer in any meaningful way, there are just too many variables as posed. Each of us will have their own opinion on the subject, it's even possible that two of those opinions may agree.

Personally, I believe that there are many more shootings off school or work grounds than there on the grounds. More people carrying in the general population areas would potentially protect more innocents. And it's possible that if Con. carry were to pass the restrictions on campus & parking lot carry would vanish.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio

There's absolutely no reason we can't get it all.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I agree with Cliff. I am glad that in addition to OC we have Campus Carry on its way. The more people involved in the fight for gun rights the better.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'm trying to engage Charles Cotton about OC legislation on the TSRA board. If you think I'm missing something, please email/message me off-line. I do NOT want it to turn into a p***ing contest at this point. There could be a LOT of benefit to getting cooperation from them - and nothing to be gained by it turning adversarial......look at the thread "TX rep to author OC" in the Political Forum.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    so Apatriot you think because i don't have have a cc license even though im am 16 year veteran of law enforcement and took early retirement i shouldn't be able to open carry. i think thats a crock.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    so Apatriot you think because i don't have have a cc license even though im am 16 year veteran of law enforcement and took early retirement i shouldn't be able to open carry. i think thats a crock.
    You may look at HR 218. It is a Federal Law that allows you to carry already (as a retired LEO). Look into it. It is what I use when I am in California or various other places that would not honor my Texas CHL.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You may look at HR 218. It is a Federal Law that allows you to carry already (as a retired LEO). Look into it. It is what I use when I am in California or various other places that would not honor my Texas CHL.

Retired and out of State cops can't OC in Texas under LEOSA.

However, if Willygene worked in Texas for his 16 years he is exempt from 46.02 anyway, and can OC.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Retired and out of State cops can't OC in Texas under LEOSA.

However, if Willygene worked in Texas for his 16 years he is exempt from 46.02 anyway, and can OC.

PC 46.15 (a) only exempts him from 46.02 IF he is;

an honorably retired peace officer or federal criminal investigator who holds a certificate of proficiency issued under Section 1701.357, Occupations Code, and is carrying a photo identification that:
    (A) verifies that the officer honorably retired after not less than 15 years of service as a commissioned officer; and
    (B) is issued by a state or local law enforcement agency;

Top Bottom