• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Wow, maybe we should just cancel this whole OC thing. Seems like the LEOs are going to ruin it.

+1

Or we can send our LEOS to California, and import the ones from OK, VA, and other OC states since it seems inevitable TX/LEOS will never be able to figure out how to handle OC.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    1a36358ee5f609dc859170c294c464c1.jpg

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    I've learned quite a bit from this thread and I have no plans to OC. Also....

A- To not open carry = Less hassles.

B- Open Carry is good for windy concealed days.

C- Members here will NEVER agree on anything. Also going on spreadsheet.

:roflfunny:

Last edited:

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    You'll have to be more specific. I don't know to what you refer. ??
    I originally posted this

Me being one I'am still not clear on all the rules pertaining to OC. Thus this thread for many whom don't know all the rules...

- Do you have to be licensed to OC?
    YES

- Which signs to look out for while OC?

- Places you cannot OC?
    Same places off limits places with the exception of the different signage requirements. In other words, if it was off limits by statute, it still is. If it was off limits by 30.06 posting, unless it is ALSO posted 30.07 it isn't off limits.

And you replaced my answer to the last question with
    Same places you cannot concealed carry

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The fear some of you have of LEO interactions is as unsupportable as the anti claims of blood in the streets. Really comical to watch.

OC is going to be a nonevent, just like it is in most other states.

Bingo!

My concern about OC is the LEO's likely desire to disarm the carrier before asking to see the permit.

I'm not touching my gun with a LEO watching me.

The whole disarm attempt could easily lead to other charges (or death).

n36407504_31735415_1766.jpg

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So, what happens when you are in a store, LEO comes up, and store manager says they told you to leave earlier when they actually never did? Class A or C? Proof is on whom to show that they did or did not verbally ask you to leave?

And I am going to delete this post soon as to not give any ammo to those who are against our cause.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So when you are walking down the street and some lady comes up to you with a cop and says he raped me who is going to jail ?

So, what happens when you are in a store, LEO comes up, and store manager says they told you to leave earlier when they actually never did? Class A or C? Proof is on whom to show that they did or did not verbally ask you to leave?

And I am going to delete this post soon as to not give any ammo to those who are against our cause.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Tell us, what has happened in last 20 years when this occurred?

Oh wait, it has never happened, just another silly the sky is falling scenario.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So, what happens when you are in a store, LEO comes up, and store manager.........

First off, There will most likely be video of the contact or not. If you are thinking he is going to come up to you, have a non related conversation with you, then later tell the police he was actually giving you notice when in fact he wasn't, I would agree with that pretty far fetched. Could it happen, I suppose, but think about this, you are far more likely to die in a MVA while driving to the market, then that happening, and yet those odds don't stop you from doing that, so why be concerned of something that has even less chance of happening?

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    First off, There will most likely be video of the contact or not. If you are thinking he is going to come up to you, have a non related conversation with you, then later tell the police he was actually giving you notice when in fact he wasn't, I would agree with that pretty far fetched. Could it happen, I suppose, but think about this, you are far more likely to die in a MVA while driving to the market, then that happening, and yet those odds don't stop you from doing that, so why be concerned of something that has even less chance of happening?

I was thinking more along the lines that they don't say anything to you but when LEO comes up, they claim they told you/don't allow in their store. I know this is all very hypothetical, but again, this is TGT.

Top Bottom