• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    I get it: The United States has been at war in desert regions for over 10 years, and the guys who fight in those conditions might want their guns to be camoflaged. Ladies and gentlemen of the military forces, I sincerely thank you for your service. But for you, I would be speaking German or Spanish or some other UnAmerican language. This is not a rant against you.

I do not want my guns to be dirt-colored. I do not want them to be Dark Earth, Off-Earth, Sand, Coyote, or any other Hooah Hooah color. I want my guns to be blued, parkerized, stainless, or even case-hardened. I do not ever want to have a gun that might cause somebody to ask me if I am an "operator". I operate some things, thererfore I am an operator, but I do not wish to ever be confused for a tan-gun Taliban-hunting Operator. I feel that my having a gun like that denigrates the service of the brave men and women who have done that.

If I ever have a gun that's not black, blued, stainless, or case-hardened, I choose hot pink or canary yellow.
    Venture Surplus ad

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Case-hardened and blued were the FDE of the Civil War and World War Operators. Why are you denigrating their service?

42405d1367871337-frontier-memes-lighten-up-francis.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Browns work in pretty much any environment. (Deer are what color, again?) So colors in the "brown spectrum" (whatever) make a good base color.

Bonus: Lighter browns don't soak up that hot Texas sun like black, cold blue, etc. will.

<-- Rocks brownish guns now and again.
    <-- Never gets accused of being an operator...
    <-- Knows that brown is a more traditional color than park, blue or even case harden.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Operators?
    As in switchboard?

Really though, wouldn't you want a grey (oak trunk or limb) and white (limestone outcroppings and loose rock) for the hill country?
    Dark grey and adobe red would work out here nearly year round.
    Each region calls for it's own color mix to blend in.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    So if I do something that guys in the military do then I am disrespecting them?

I thought imitation was the sincerest form of flattery.

To each their own.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I'm thinking of having my one .22 AR redone in a coyote or grey cerakote once I have the funds.

Why? Because it'll look cool and won't get hot as **** if I accidentally leave it in the sun for ten minutes like it does now. If it makes me look like an "operator", then so fucking be it.

Top Bottom