• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Slowly but surely I am getting my wife more interested in shooting. She has clearly stated she likes shooting my guns that have lasers more than the ones that don't, due to the fact that she has difficulty aiming the gun (be it rifle or pistol) by using the scope or RDS. There are some eye/hand dominance issues we haven't overcome yet.

When she can put a laser on the target, she hits it, and she's inclined to shoot much more. The lasers I have so far are all Crimson Trace, and they're nice, but I'm not buying 8 more just because she likes them. However, I have stumbled across some budget lasers in the $20 range that might be doable.

These are just range toys and I would obviously not trust a $20 laser to a self-defense weapon, so now just hoping someone else can chime in and say they're not total junk. Other laser alternatives are fine, too. These are just the first ones I saw.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Crims...628815716.html

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Slowly but surely I am getting my wife more interested in shooting. She has clearly stated she likes shooting my guns that have lasers more than the ones that don't, due to the fact that she has difficulty aiming the gun (be it rifle or pistol) by using the scope or RDS. There are some eye/hand dominance issues we haven't overcome yet.

l

We are in the same boat.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    From my experience in these type electronics, you generally get what you pay for. I would not expect a $20 laser to last long. But I could be wrong...

Cheap laser pointers often do not last long.

Unfortunately, no personal experience to share with you on the cheap lasers.

knc1105

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Beamshot laser clamp.jpg All the cheap lasers I have seen have been crap. Figure out which is her favorite one and just buy one good one. The Crimson are good, I have some but they are not cheap. I have a TLR-2 light laser combo which is awesome but not cheap. My favorite rifle laser --Hands Down--- is the Beamshot GB800M, some sellers advertise it as a military grade laser or military surplus. I don't know that but it is at least 10x brighter than any laser I have ever seen, you can see it a half mile at night easily. The only flaw is the Weaver clamp mount. I do not know why the use a short clamp and one crossbolt when there are holes and slots for two cross bolts. I had my gunsmith make a new clamp and add a crossbolt and it has been perfect. I have had it 5 or 6 years and never re-sighted it in. I'll try to add a picture. The are available in lots of places $79-99

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    One way to go is to buy the cheapest one Wally World carries. When it breaks, take it back and get another. Rinse and repeat. Screw China anyways.

I assume the guns have rails so you could get a good laser and just move it from gun to gun.

That being said, my daughter bought me the $40 rail light that Wally World carries and it is pretty decent for the money. If they make a laser I would have to try it.

I had a BSA laser and it was junk. The mount broke when my rifle fell over in my safe and the plug in the back for the remote switch was finicky. I can't attest to how well it held zero.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've never had a problem with the cheap lasers. They eat batteries. Three 357 batteries aint cheap.

Otherwise, nothing wrong with them. I have three laying around. One on a Sig 522, another's in a tray somewhere. The last one I use to run the dogs around the yard. Ones a Daisy brand. The other two are walmart.

I've dropped them, got them wet. One laser had a little corrosion by the end cap. Still works.

Top Bottom