• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sobi1998

Well-Known
    Mar 18, 2016
    Cabelas has a sale starting tomorrow for the above mentioned revolver. $250 out the door. I’ve never owned a hammer-less revolver before. Anyone on here have any opinions on this gun?
    bce9efda8b50f119d638da22d2c3f5a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Military Camp

Attachments

• bce9efda8b50f119d638da22d2c3f5a9.jpg
      bce9efda8b50f119d638da22d2c3f5a9.jpg
      37.9 KB · Views: 327

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 7, 2015
    Dang! I may have to get one. The only j frame I have is a 340pd. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Mar 18, 2016
    I know what M&P stands for but what does it change in this case? From a standard J frame...

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Is this one DA only? I thought the point of the 'Bodyguard' was that it can be cocked albeit not that easily? My Model S&W mod.38 Bodyguard can anyway

Well, I googled to check and that's what it says I believe.
    I'm sure someone will come along to verify.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Mar 18, 2016
    Well, I googled to check and that's what it says I believe.
    I'm sure someone will come along to verify.

There’s no exposed hammer. The cylinder release is on the spine where the hammer would be. So it is just double action

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I think it's M&P because the lower including the grip is polymer the same as their M&P Pistol line. I dunno though.

Sorry, I edited my post a couple of times. :)

cvgunman

Not a Leftist douchebag!
    Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I know the original Bodyguard was a 638 with shrouded hammer. This one is DA only, and like mentioned the cylinder release is on spine which is kind of funky. I didn't like how narrow the grip was but for the price??

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I know the original Bodyguard was a 638 with shrouded hammer. This one is DA only, and like mentioned the cylinder release is on spine which is kind of funky. I didn't like how narrow the grip was but for the price??

Hogue makes a couple of styles of grips for it including a rather chunky looking overmold grip.

https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/grips-for-smith-wesson/polymer-bodyguard

14th-27th I think

Cool, thanks. I wasn't planning on getting a gun right now but for that price, it might be nice to have another J-frame.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

The ORIGINAL Bodyguard was "funny looking" but shot well & it COULD be cocked with the hammer & fired SA.

TOO BAD that those re no longer made as I would buy a PAIR of them. - One for her & one for me, at 250.oo each.

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Jun 23, 2014
    SQLGeek,

YES, and IMO, the "old school" bodyguard in SS is worth a LOT less than 600.oo each. - More like half that much.
    (In my days as a LEO, stainless S&W were only 10-20 dollars more than blue or nickel.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

rotor

TGT Addict
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    That's a very good price. I considered one when shopping for a .38 snub and went with the Ruger LCR which is said to have a better trigger. I paid much more than the sale price for this. I have many S&W revolvers though and like them all. I would go for this if I needed another snubby.

sobi1998

Well-Known
    Mar 18, 2016
    That's a very good price. I considered one when shopping for a .38 snub and went with the Ruger LCR which is said to have a better trigger. I paid much more than the sale price for this. I have many S&W revolvers though and like them all. I would go for this if I needed another snubby.

If this were any lesser brand like Taurus, then I’d pass. Since it’s a S&W I think it’s worth getting. I only have two revolvers in my collection already: a Taurus copy of a .357 colt python from the late 80’s and a high standard .22lr
    Nice to have some variability in carry options

Top Bottom