• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I have the Pro and have about 500 rounds thru it with one FTF recently. Now his could be my fault bc I have yet to clean the shotgun and mossberg ships them with a ton of grease in it. My old spx had over 2k rounds with no problems. Most people say after 3k rounds they break but the Pro is cheap compared to other 3G shotguns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    The 930 is the first shotgun that makes me want to part with my truly trustable 870.

biglucky

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Dripping Springs, TX
    If your last name is Miculek, they run flawlessly. At Superstition Mountain this year we had 3 people in the squad all shooting Lena's gun because theirs had crapped out. It is important to keep the 930 really clean, especially around the gas ring. I have a Blackwater edition 930 that was basically rebuilt to be exactly like a JM before the JM's were available. They kick like a mule, but are the easiest guns on the market to reload fast.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Anger, I got the alert from buds but they were sold put by the time I noticed it. Appreciate the offer.

As far as them kicking hard...my 930 SPX didn't kick much at all. I don't see how the JM Pro would beat me up. As far as them being gas guns, of course you have to keep them clean.

My big issue w the 930 SPX was the factory Choate extension. The JM Pro looks like it comes with a factory Nordic extension.

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Anger, I got the alert from buds but they were sold put by the time I noticed it. Appreciate the offer.

As far as them kicking hard...my 930 SPX didn't kick much at all. I don't see how the JM Pro would beat me up. As far as them being gas guns, of course you have to keep them clean.

My big issue w the 930 SPX was the factory Choate extension. The JM Pro looks like it comes with a factory Nordic extension.

We can try at eagle's peadk (yuck) or better yet BOTW. Ruth and Bill are long overdue for a range session! Please advise.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If your last name is Miculek, they run flawlessly. At Superstition Mountain this year we had 3 people in the squad all shooting Lena's gun because theirs had crapped out. It is important to keep the 930 really clean, especially around the gas ring. I have a Blackwater edition 930 that was basically rebuilt to be exactly like a JM before the JM's were available. They kick like a mule, but are the easiest guns on the market to reload fast.

Were they shooting 930s, too?

Tuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Weatherford, TX
    I'll try and get some good action pics tomorrow, my 15 yr old daughter is in combat shotgun class (325rds) and running my 930spx..

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I came across a post of the JM Pro broken down. Guy took pix of all of it. Will try to post link when I find it again. Very impressive looking gun for the money. Several chromed parts internally, much better extension than 930 SPX.

Tuff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Weatherford, TX
    Mine don't puke...it runs..
    attachment.jpg

Shooting Blanks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Houston

This is true for most gas shotguns. You get a little bit more tolerance with the Benellis and Berettas, but even my Browning Gold doesn't like shooting dirty very much. If you're competing with it, or using it for HD, why wouldn't you clean it regularly though?

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I hate cleaning my guns. If I can't get 1k rounds thru any of them without cleaning I don't use it. I've had 2 930s and have had no problems. Now granted my SPX had over 2k rounds while my Pro if fairly new. But lets face it the 930 Pro is a cheap shotgun. Compared to the others which are north of $1k the Pro is a good way to get started in 3G. Now when you see shooters with their Versmax or M2 I wonder how many of those guys at matches send them to a smith to have a reliability package work on them. I wonder if the guys that shoot the Pro send there's off or do they have less to spend and just wanted something they can shoot. I know that was a big factor in me buying the Pro instead of a M2 and having it worked on bc they puke also

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Oh noes. Puke how? I was under the impression if you got a good 930 and keep it cleaned and lubed you are good to go.

Just deciding to not run. I've loaned my SLP to a 930 shooter because his gun decided not to feed.

I run my SLP dirty as hell. What I do to that shotgun is borderline abusive. The front bead is damaged and the shotgun has dings on it from sharing dump barrels with my (similarly dinged) AR.

Why not clean it every time I shoot? Because I don't want to wear the gun out prematurely.

Top Bottom