• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    So I am in the application process for my CHL. I listed all previous transgressions (not a felon) on the form and had supporting court documents of dispositions. Back in 2001 I was arrested for DUI in Louisiana and there were some accompanying charges with it such as flight from an officer and open alcohol container, both of which were dismissed. I failed to list those two because I had simply forgotten about them since they were dismissed.
    I get a letter from DPS stating they needed documentation for a charge of "aggrevated flight from an officer", which is a felony and the wrong charge. I get the certified court document and it says "flight from an officer", which is not a felony and shows it as "nol prossed", or dismissed.
    I sent that document to DPS a couple of days ago so I'm still waiting on the outcome. I sent them an email about it and have not heard back yet.

Just wondering if you folks had an opinion on this or had similar experiences. I've not had so much as a speeding ticket since this happened 13 years ago.
    Guns International

ChrisX

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2014
    Houston, TX
    No offense but they have a right to be suspicious considering you omitted it, accidentally or not. Maybe should have included an explanation why you didn't mention it originally.

ByrdMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Wasilla, AK
    No offense but they have a right to be suspicious considering you omitted it, accidentally or not. Maybe should have included an explanation why you didn't mention it originally.

None taken. Ya, I understand how they might, I just forgot about it. They have the full disposition of dismissal now. I'm glad they sent a letter wanting documents and not a denial due to omission of information. I know it's well within their right to do so, so I'm glad about that.

Top Bottom