• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I'm very pro open carry and very against when officers harass law abiding citizens when they open carry. I've seen a lot of examples of officers using scare tactics and illegally detaining and doing things that they have no right to do ....... but this officer was an OUTSTANDING example of how a situation like this should be handled. A job well done for Officer Estes!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The officer handled it properly and the two idiots "trying to prove a point" should find better things to do with their lives.

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    Asbestos under ware on, so flame away.

Officer Estes handled the situation ok, but just ok. I think its sad people even feel the need to carry that many cameras just for one guy to open carry a rifle. Open carrying in texas in a public place will result in an officer response. Why? Damn near no one uses their right to open carry!

Is open carry even a right if you NEVER do it?

For all you guys saying Estes did such a great job, what guy going to commit a crime with a rifle and a pistol brings two friends with cameras and tells the officer they are audio recording before he even gets out of the car. Officer Estes knew exactly what these guys were doing before he stopped the car to confront them.

I think is sad as hell a right can not be exercised with out confrontation. If I drive within the law I expect no confrontation, open carry within the law I expect confrontation.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    That was an excellent example of professionalism on the officer's part. In addition, even though he didn't get their full names and DOBs, I would say he walked away completely comfortable that they were not going to harm anybody. Mission accomplished on his part. Not so much on theirs, since they were looking to find an officer who didn't know the law and overstepped their legal authority.

MatteR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Asbestos under ware on, so flame away.

Officer Estes handled the situation ok, but just ok. I think its sad people even feel the need to carry that many cameras just for one guy to open carry a rifle. Open carrying in texas in a public place will result in an officer response. Why? Damn near no one uses their right to open carry!

Is open carry even a right if you NEVER do it?

For all you guys saying Estes did such a great job, what guy going to commit a crime with a rifle and a pistol brings two friends with cameras and tells the officer they are audio recording before he even gets out of the car. Officer Estes knew exactly what these guys were doing before he stopped the car to confront them.

I think is sad as hell a right can not be exercised with out confrontation. If I drive within the law I expect no confrontation, open carry within the law I expect confrontation.
    Since when did open carry become legal in TX?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    We can open carry rifles and shotguns here in Texas as long as it is in a manner not calculated to cause alarm.

Some states have their rights eroding away because the people aren't exercising them enough.

Is it good that they were stopped? Is a person really free if they are stopped walking down the block and face an officer of the law every outing?

What if the stop was because of their gender or race or the shirt with the wrong candidate on it?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Since when did open carry become legal in TX?
    You can open carry rifles and shotguns in a manner not calculated to cause alarm all day long.

Oh, you think you cannot without getting harassed?

You recommend folks don't do it "Or else you'll get stopped by the cops?"

Then we've lost the right and are too scared to do lawful things.

How do we gain rights back if we are giving most of them up voluntarily?

Last edited:

DMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2009
    Navasota
    You can open carry rifles and shotguns in a manner not calculated to cause alarm all day long.

Oh, you think you cannot without getting harassed?

You recommend folks don't do it "Or else you'll get stopped by the cops?"

Then we've lost the right and are too scared to do lawful things.

How do we gain rights back if we are giving most of them up voluntarily?
    Thanks for understanding!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    We can open carry rifles and shotguns here in Texas as long as it is in a manner not calculated to cause alarm.

Some states have their rights eroding away because the people aren't exercising them enough.

Is it good that they were stopped? Is a person really free if they are stopped walking down the block and face an officer of the law every outing?

What if the stop was because of their gender or race or the shirt with the wrong candidate on it?

What they should have done is decline the officer's offer for conversation and kept walking. He didn't have grounds to detain them and the encounter was entirely consensual.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I inquired to an officer about open carrying a rifle on my back, in a matter not calculated to cause harm, and he told me it was not permitted. He told me that I would get stopped with a gun pointed at me. I recited legislation and he still continued to tell me I had no right to do so and to not be surprised if I get a gun im my face. Sad...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom