• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Regardless what anyone's opinion is, these guy's are a bunch of goofballs. They talk too damn much and start to border on antagonizing the officer. I've seen a couple of this guy's videos and it usually seems like he's hoping the officer is a dick so he can prove his point and get cudos on youtube. I always side with the guy exercising his rights, but if you're gonna exercise em, EXERCISE THEM and shut the hell up and go on your way. They were told they were free to leave, yet they stayed and continued as if they were hoping the officer would slip up and violate their rights. YES, I agree that we shouldn't be stopped for exercising out rights, but if you are, invoke your rights and stay relevant.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I had an officer tell me if i got pulled over and he saw my rifles in the back out in the open, he would be drawing his weapon and yelling at me until things got sorted out. I'd be scared to see what happened if i walked down town with a rifle across my back. Lol

Sent from Hicksville.....or while dreaming of Hicksville

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    Just had a chance to watch the video. I think Officer Estes handled the encounter quite well, the 3 "kids" were not very well spoken and a little dickish, but not too bad. I do think they were out looking for an Officer that would give them a hard time so they could say "see, see the cops hate our freedom", I'm very happy to see that they uploaded this video showing a good encounter, and it seemd to me that they were a little shocked as they were walking away.

I do think that all our rights should be exercised even if it makes others uncomfortable, but not be jerks about it. I also think that it is compleatly unreasonable to expect no LEO interest if that action is very uncommon, but that interest should be (and in thise case was) limited to "Hi folks, what's going on?"

In a perfect world I would be able to behave up to the limit of all my rights without any LEO interaction, but that we all know that this is nowhere close to a perfect world. Becides casual interaction with LEO should not be a bad thing.

Texanjoker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Why hell does he have a full auto rifle?

Wondered that myself. I have never had a full auto weapon and IMO no need for full auto on patrol. Swat uses short rifles like that for entry, so he might be part of the swat team.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I had an officer tell me if i got pulled over and he saw my rifles in the back out in the open, he would be drawing his weapon and yelling at me until things got sorted out. I'd be scared to see what happened if i walked down town with a rifle across my back. Lol

That would piss me off. I would have serious problem with an officer pointing a firearm at me for no good reason and that would qualify as no good reason.

I've often wondered if I were out on my land shooting and an officer was sent out to investigate (don't know why they would or think this would happen, but I'm imagining near or during hunting season), would the officer approach with his firearm drawn and pointed at me because I was in possession of a firearm? I would really, really have a hard time putting my weapon down for somebody who came on to my property and drew on me for no good reason when I was doing nothing illegal. I hope this never happens and if it does, I hope I do what I think is the wrong thing (being the first one to lower the weapon in this situation).

Sorry, moving off course of topic here.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Most of those lets trip up the cops videos, tick me off.

I'm waiting for a cop to tell one of those morons, son, cough dumbass, the constitution is written so people are free to regulate themselves.

It doesn't mean you can walk down the road with an ar tripping on acid in the name of "exercising" your freedom.

It means you as a sane person think I want to to walk down the road with my AR, Then remember sandy hook and the Batman shootings, realize that it would alarm someone then decide on a more discrete arms.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Wondered that myself. I have never had a full auto weapon and IMO no need for full auto on patrol. Swat uses short rifles like that for entry, so he might be part of the swat team.

Short rifles make sense even outside a SWAT team. No argument there - lighter, more maneuverable, no real loss of accuracy and if heavier bullets are used, effectiveness isn't lost. But FA rifles are not useful in any police situation.

Full auto is for area targets, not for point targets. Firing at an area is negligence... Even in the military where firing at an area isn't negligent, there's very little utility for a full auto rifle with 30 round magazine. The only situation you would use FA in that environment with that kind of firearm is initiating an ambush.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    That would piss me off. I would have serious problem with an officer pointing a firearm at me for no good reason and that would qualify as no good reason.

I've often wondered if I were out on my land shooting and an officer was sent out to investigate (don't know why they would or think this would happen, but I'm imagining near or during hunting season), would the officer approach with his firearm drawn and pointed at me because I was in possession of a firearm? I would really, really have a hard time putting my weapon down for somebody who came on to my property and drew on me for no good reason when I was doing nothing illegal. I hope this never happens and if it does, I hope I do what I think is the wrong thing (being the first one to lower the weapon in this situation).

Sorry, moving off course of topic here.

Not obeying the LEO, even on your own property, may not end well. Guy got shot just recently who, by all accounts, did just that.

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Why hell does he have a full auto rifle?

Sounds like a lib type question....lol jk, I know what you're saying. I have no problem with him having it, but I don't see the practical use for his job. Maybe it's his own personal rifle and he carries it in semi-auto mode when on duty? (I'm new to guns...do FA ARs have select fire)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Not obeying the LEO, even on your own property, may not end well. Guy got shot just recently who, by all accounts, did just that.

I wouldn't just walk away, of course. But we wouldn't have a conversation unless I wanted to.

The one time I did walk away because I didn't want to have a conversation, it involved a little side trip through a wood lot so that they wouldn't know where I was anymore... Of course, that was well before the conversation started.

...what? The lights told me they were freaked out enough to point a gun at me, and I didn't want to deal with that.

Sounds like a lib type question....lol jk, I know what you're saying. I have no problem with him having it, but I don't see the practical use for his job. Maybe it's his own personal rifle and he carries it in semi-auto mode when on duty? (I'm new to guns...do FA ARs have select fire)

$200 tax stamp, federal registration and no transferable full autos built since the '80s, so it would cost upwards of $20,000.

No, it's not his personal rifle.

preyn2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Burnet
    $200 tax stamp, federal registration and no transferable full autos built since the '80s, so it would cost upwards of $20,000.

No, it's not his personal rifle.

And that causes me to wonder what that $20K could have been spent on instead of that rifle.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Got halfway through the video before I decided it was a waste of time.

The cop was waisting his time questioning people who clearly aren't criminals and the two police baiters were wasting their time consenting to contact. And all along I wasted my time watching it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The law enforcement department doesn't pay those prices. I doubt that full autos go for much more than their simi auto counterparts in the cost of the rifle.

Often less. US Gov't is practically giving them away at this point. A few years ago, I heard PDs could get USGI M4s for $300.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Wouldn't surprise me. I price quoted Remington 870's on fedlog (a govt parts acquisition system) for about $100. The 1911 i found was about $80.

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    good response on the cop's part. i live in fabulous las vegas where open carry is legal we have issues like this from time to time. we do have a small group of open carry advocates but through their work they have managed to get metro to settle down a bit and have had the DMV remove their useless signs and retrain their employees. it used to be a running joke here that do avoid the long waits at the DMV, just show up with a sidearm visible because they would do everything in their power to get you out of the building as fast as possible. while we do have OC here, i'm not a big fan of people who go around doing it to provoke a response or feel that they need to 'educate' the masses. yes, it's a right here in nevada, but just do it because it your right.

Top Bottom