• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    This happened a few days ago in Orange County CA. Some passionate people there. Wonder how many feared for their lives from the protesters?

Elected officials Congressmen Ed Royce and Gary Miller, and Villa Park Councilwoman Deborah Pauly also attended and spoke at the protest rally.

"We support the First Amendment right of protest\eors anywhere in America to voice their concerns, dissent, and even hatred. However, when our nation's foundational values of inclusiveness, pluralism and equality are attacked by some in favor of calls for advocating hate and violence, then all Americans have a responsibility to challenge and expose such bigotry and those who enable it.

muslims.jpg
    DK Firearms

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    The third rail here is religion, per request of forum owner Texas1911 let's not touch it and I didn't comment about it.

"Safe" topics I feel are the reactions of the crowds. Political involvement in such rallies and how you'd handle a protest against your beliefs...There are others as well.

Just stay off the third rail or it'll get locked. :-)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I was with you until the video's lie about these folks being Tea Party. Then you completely lost me.

Whoever made the video should stick to the facts and situation at hand, and not interject their statist views by slandering a movement that has nothing to do with these idiots.

That is ignorance at its best.

Ignorance on both sides. Talking about these people as a Tea Party group? C'mon.

More slander from the statists.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I thought the people of Orange County were rising up against the city of Anaheim. To me its sad that these people are here not to improve their lot and that of this country but rather to drag down America to their base level. Imagine a Muslim womens shelter. Woman come here, we behead you in private, not in street like in old country.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    LMAO @ 4:19

"One nation under God, not Allah!"

Allah=God in arabic

(That doesn't touch the third rail, does it? I'm just translating)

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication
    I thought the people of Orange County were rising up against the city of Anaheim. To me its sad that these people are here not to improve their lot and that of this country but rather to drag down America to their base level. Imagine a Muslim womens shelter. Woman come here, we behead you in private, not in street like in old country.

It's the disease of political correctness.

jedwil

2d Amendment Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Hilll Country
    It appears to be a CAIR produced video. Check that organization out. But, how does this thread fit the "new" mandate on this forum?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Huh, you're right. It is CAIR. No wonder it's more a hit piece than anything else...
    How are they misconstruing what happened? See below for the OC 912 links to the Tea Party.

http://www.meetup.com/WeSurroundThemOC/
    http://www.teapartypatriots.org/GroupNew/52bd49cc-74d6-44f9-8b75-d83a3f784316/Orange_County_912_
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=66331015681
    http://www.the-912-project.com/2009/03/14/we-surround-them-the-912-project/

From April 2010 http://articles.ocregister.com/2010-04-08/politics/24651665_1_glenn-beck-groups-grassroots
    The 9.12 Project (the912project.com): Fox News' Glenn Beck launched this effort, which has goals similar to those of the Tea Party Patriots. Most 9.12 participants consider themselves part of the Tea Party movement. Orange County offshoots include We Surround Them OC 912 (WeSurroundThemOC.com) and South Orange County 912 (meetup.com/SOC912).

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    How are they misconstruing what happened? See below for the OC 912 links to the Tea Party.

We Surround Them OC 912 (Irvine, CA) - Meetup
    Tea Party Patriots | Orange County 912 in California, United States
    Not Racists Not Violent Just No Longer Silent OC912 | Facebook
    We Surround Them, The 912 Project :: The 912 Project Fan Site

From April 2010 Welcome to the party - Orange County Register
    The 9.12 Project (the912project.com): Fox News' Glenn Beck launched this effort, which has goals similar to those of the Tea Party Patriots. Most 9.12 participants consider themselves part of the Tea Party movement. Orange County offshoots include We Surround Them OC 912 (WeSurroundThemOC.com) and South Orange County 912 (meetup.com/SOC912).

Because this is not what Tea Party is about. They can call themselves Tea Party all they want, it doesn't make it so.

How about those ties CAIR has to Islamic terrorist groups? You're getting all bent about the Tea Party (more than once), and yet you'll post a CAIR video without comment about their support of Islamism through means that include violence.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I don't know who "The Tea Party" welcomes or how close Glen Beck is to being "The Leader" of "The Tea Party" or not.

My primary frustration of "The Tea Party" is that I don't see it as a group that has any defined leadership or principal compass.

Can you show me where "The Tea Party" is separating themselves from the actions of We Surround Them OC 912?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I don't know who "The Tea Party" welcomes or how close Glen Beck is to being "The Leader" of "The Tea Party" or not.

They welcome anybody who wants to reduce the size and scope of the federal government. It's about a return to the government laid out in the Constitution, period.

Glenn Beck is not the "leader" in any way other than his and the statists' imaginations. There is no real leadership. It's grassroots.

My primary frustration of "The Tea Party" is that I don't see it as a group that has any defined leadership or principal compass.

Leadership doesn't exist, as I said above. It's ground-up, not top-down. Their principle compass is simple, it's as I stated.

Can you show me where "The Tea Party" is separating themselves from the actions of We Surround Them OC 912?

No. Who is there to do so? I'm as much a member of the Tea Party leadership as Glenn Beck inasmuch as there is no real leadership, so my word is at least as good as his. If you consider him something of a leader, then this is the Tea Party distancing themselves.

As far as I'm concerned, the distance comes from our actions. I went to the protest at the Alamo two years ago, and some idiot had a sign with racist garbage on it. He was not exactly asked to leave - he was told to leave, quite forcefully.

It's been my experience over the past two years that the real Tea Party doesn't go in for this kind of thing.

Meanwhile, CAIR and Al Jazeera, the two organizations claiming that this is about the Tea Party do go in for Islamic terrorism. Go ahead and pick who you want to believe.

TrailDust

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Kalifornication

Probably better that it's "structured" that way because it does not allow the liberal media or Democrat party to target a leader for character assassination.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Probably better that it's "structured" that way because it does not allow the liberal media or Democrat party to target a leader for character assassination.

Which is why they just go after the whole movement, and assign leaders to it for us.

Pretty sick of being called a racist, frankly.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom