• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    @bbbass I did - utter bullshit, because the dems have done the same shit in the past and had no problems with it. They only did that because republicans did it to keep the quorum from being obtained to ram thru bad law, so republicans must be punished. That law needs to be tossed on its head too - as nothing about Oregon's constitution says that.

Initiative Petition and Vote by Mail need to be excised completely before Oregon can ever hope to have legitimate elections and keep insane shit from being passed into law by feelings and not whats actually good for the people

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    More from Bearing Arms blog: Oregon State Sheriffs' Association: "As of the date [Measure 114] goes into effect we believe that all firearms sales by dealers, at gun shows and most private transfers (other than to a close relative) in Oregon will immediately stop."

Shows it's about infringement of rights, not about "gun violence".

That law needs to be tossed on its head too - as nothing about Oregon's constitution says that.

IIRC all 4 initiatives on the ballot were changes to the OR Constitution. Making this a moot point.

Initiative Petition and Vote by Mail need to be excised completely before Oregon can ever hope to have legitimate elections and keep insane shit from being passed into law by feelings and not whats actually good for the people

Never gonna happen. IMO the genie cannot be put back in the bottle. D's are in control, and D's aren't going to eliminate their election advantage. And the Initiative feature is extremely popular with both sides. (Unfortuately, it gives us crap like 114 AND no hunting cougs with dogs.) So the problem with the initiative system is the voting demographics, ie, the people. Rural OR continues to get beat by the weirdos along I-5. The past Gov was right when he asked Californians not to visit but don't stay.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Shows it's about infringement of rights, not about "gun violence".

IIRC all 4 initiatives on the ballot were changes to the OR Constitution. Making this a moot point.

Never gonna happen. IMO the genie cannot be put back in the bottle. D's are in control, and D's aren't going to eliminate their election advantage. And the Initiative feature is extremely popular with both sides. (Unfortuately, it gives us crap like 114 AND no hunting cougs with dogs.) So the problem with the initiative system is the voting demographics, ie, the people. Rural OR continues to get beat by the weirdos along I-5. The past Gov was right when he asked Californians not to visit but don't stay.

Yep. Tom McCall was a man among men.

And yeah, dems will never willingly give up vote by mail or IP's.

Looking over 114 - I don't see language that changed the actual state Constitution - it should make it easier to repeal that way. Hopefully the damn courts stike it down regardless, Sec. State should never have allowed it on the ballot due to the multiple issues the measure addressed / changed. "Guns" as a general topic is too general.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    More from Bearing Arms blog: Oregon State Sheriffs' Association: "As of the date [Measure 114] goes into effect we believe that all firearms sales by dealers, at gun shows and most private transfers (other than to a close relative) in Oregon will immediately stop."
    And here is president of Oregon State Sheriffs' Association with a video on topic. He makes the point that measure 114 is underfunded and will require sheriff's to cut back/move people and money around to pay for this measure. That won't play well with the elected officials who set the sheriff's budgets as it might mean increase taxes and face the voters.

Always enjoy watching liberals pass laws to protect or make things better in their view and then have to figure out a way to pay for it. Good news is one of first lawsuits has been filed against measure 114.
    https://www.kezi.com/news/oregon-fi...cle_a5926422-6885-11ed-830a-5bf811d42307.html
    https://www.kezi.com/news/oregon-fi...cle_a5926422-6885-11ed-830a-5bf811d42307.html

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Problems in Hawaii is a preview of what can happen in Oregon. Backlog of paperwork of course and also lack of range facilities on island of Oahu were most people live.

There is a gentleman on Northwest Firearms who is a med doctor, relocated from Oregon to Hawaii a few years back. He is one of the very few docs in that state that will sign off on firearms certificates. Hawaii even requires doctor sign off annually for law enforcement to keep their guns / issued guns.

Hawaii's laws need to be challenged by FPC / SAF - but it takes a Hawaiian resident to establish standing who has the means to do it - seems that most with the means don't have the desire, and those who would have the desire don't have the means. Lawsuits are terribly expensive, especially when suing in federal court to overturn bad law.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I think the ticket is for local authorities to not assist with any batf criminal investigations.

BATFE won't be enforcing 114 though - only the draconian federal BS.

Local sheriffs should simply refuse to lodge *any* person arrested or charged with a 114 violation or any firearms related violation other than maybe felon in possession. No city or state or federal prisoners arrested or charged with any firearms offense.

We'll see though - there are rural sheriffs who are playing word games trying to not just outright say they won't enforce it, or outright say that they *will* enforce it.

Having faith in the federal courts I think is foolhardy - I don't think SCOTUS is really our friend, despite the good decisions they've had - they've also punted on other cases that would've further solidified our rights.

All gun laws are infringements, and any politician or asshole group putting forth bills to infringe on them should hang as traitors. Lets see THAT on the ballot.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    BATFE won't be enforcing 114 though - only the draconian federal BS.

Local sheriffs should simply refuse to lodge *any* person arrested or charged with a 114 violation or any firearms related violation other than maybe felon in possession. No city or state or federal prisoners arrested or charged with any firearms offense.

We'll see though - there are rural sheriffs who are playing word games trying to not just outright say they won't enforce it, or outright say that they *will* enforce it.

Having faith in the federal courts I think is foolhardy - I don't think SCOTUS is really our friend, despite the good decisions they've had - they've also punted on other cases that would've further solidified our rights.

All gun laws are infringements, and any politician or asshole group putting forth bills to infringe on them should hang as traitors. Lets see THAT on the ballot.
    I didn’t read any of what you posted because what I meant was overall needs to not support the batf at this point.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas

Attachments

• guns.jpg
      guns.jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 35

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Bearing Arms blog: "Measure 114 is shaping up to be an absolute disaster, and honestly the best thing for supporters and opponents alike would be the judge putting the law on hold while the case is being litigated."

From another source I heard a judge is holding a hearing Fri Dec 2d. More news later.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    As OR is getting closer to Dec 8th's effective date for Measure 114 things are shaping up badly for 2A there. To beat the deadline buyers have made gun sales spike up BIG TIME. And "...Oregon State Police are so backlogged with background check requests on firearm transfers that they’re automatically delaying all new requests, and the Oregon Capital Chronicle reports that it could take months to get through the checks that have already been submitted."

Story continues that some FFLs are completing the sale if state police haven't competed their check in the 72-hour processing period. But some dealers are not completing sale for concern about blow back on selling without the check completed.

There are two lawsuits pending right now. One court meeting was supposed to have been held Fri Dec 2d.

Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

Attachments

• b5c05072-2a1f-4c4d-ad0b-cff00cded928-860x475.jpg
      b5c05072-2a1f-4c4d-ad0b-cff00cded928-860x475.jpg
      61.5 KB · Views: 41
    • Sad
    Reactions: gll

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Man Oregon has really gone to crap. I remember not that long ago my friends living there telling me how awesome it was and how everyone just left each other alone. I seriously considered moving there for a while. Now it's just an annex of California. Sad.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    This sad saga in OR continues of course. Bearing Arms blog reports that the Oregon AG is asking court for two month delay in 'permit-to-purchase scheme.

"In a letter to U.S. District Judge Karin Immergut, who is hearing the lawsuits seeking to block 114 from becoming law, Attorney General Rosenblum said that the state will seek a postponement of the permit requirement to give law enforcement officers more time to implement the new law.

But but the AG wants all the rest of measure 114 to still go into effect primarily the magazine ban limit of 10 rounds. And that will create another problem the article continues;

"Meaning if the ban on magazines takes effect on 12/8/22, and the permit system is suspended, the gun shop owners can not allow the customer to leave with their standard capacity magazines... Second, what the government is saying is that gun dealers may only sell guns with magazines that only hold ten rounds. That is a very small group of firearms.”

Lawful and responsible gun owners in OR are so screwed.:50cal:

Top Bottom