• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is anyone going and is it worth a crap. Planning on picking up a couple of new toys soon and I'll be off that weekend but hate to make the drive for low selection and high prices.

Nasa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    WCR Kat Ranch, Texas
    Huge turn out on New Years Eve, Vendors were maxed out and a lot of buyers too. $10 a head to get in. Go online for a dollar discount. Park for $5. Take receipt for parking refund after you pay your way in. Picked up a rifled barrel for my 835 Mossberg. Still a lot of things to do there if you want to make a day of being in Cow Town.

n5wd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2011
    Foat Wuth
    Is anyone going and is it worth a crap...

Yeah, I think so on both counts. The show is always packed both with vendors and attendees. Other than folks grumbling about the fee for parking, haven't beard of too many people that haven't enjoyed the show!

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    I think it's a pretty good show. The Dallas Market Hall show is bigger, but IME the Fort Worth show usually seems to have a few more deals - not sure why, maybe a few more individual/non-dealer tables? I'll be at the upcoming Fort Worth show for sure. Maybe I'll see you there!

Thaddeus43

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    havnt been here for a long time but thought I would get in on this

I know it's a month old thread but, there's another FT Worth show this weekend, it is the Orginal Ft Worth Show..and it has 1200 tables.
    there is another group that does a smaller show,400 tables same place, similar tags as they're both in FT Worth, same location..

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Looks like I'm gonna make it, should be there about 11 tomorrow. Maybe I'll see some of you there.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Will be wearing a worn out tan t-shirt with black undershirt and jeans.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Had a pretty good time there this morning, picked up a 2 piece quad rail for $40 and a new eotech 512 for $390 out the door.

zeusdaddy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Ellis County
    Had a good time there as well. Looked for you, but didn't see you. It was more packed than I've ever seen it. Heard several vendors say the same thing - they've never seen such a turn out. Tried to make a deal on a Ruger Single Six Convertible but just couldn't get the seller to budge enough and just missed out on a Ruger M77 MK II Stainless .30-06, oh well - maybe next time.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I got there about 11 and had to wrap things up about 1230, on call next week so we had an early valentines day. It was pretty packed, I had hell getting around the tables.

Stern

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort worth
    I was able to make it this afternoon, found a full sized springfield armory loaded 1911 for 599 + tax, saw some pretty good deals out there. Along with some not so good deals (2250 for an fn five seven????).

Marblecrusher

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    North Texas
    Yea me and a buddy ended up making it out didnt really find any awesome deals, got a some paper silouettes and a few exploding targets and an AR sling. and yall are right it was packed!

-Jordan-

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Hit this show today. Good grief it was crowded. They've been running ads in the newspaper for weeks, and there's several freeway bill-boards advertising it so maybe that's the reason.

I didn't find what I was looking for at the price point I wanted, but did pick up 250 rounds of 9mm at a good price. Had a hot dog too.

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    The wife and I hit the show at about 10am and the line to get in snaked around the concourse.

Note to self:
    The line to have a gun checked and then entry had 10 people. Next time, bring a gun.

Had a list of 4 items and got them all except one.

I did find a decent deal on an AR10. NIB DPMS AP4 308 at $999.
    Came with two 20rnd mags, grab handle with F/R sights and a sling.

It was the first name brand AR10 I've seen at under $1K ... if even by only a dollar.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I like that show. Usually nice deals. That one and the Market Hall show are my favorites. I sometimes go to the Mesquite shows, which are not bad, but much smaller.

I would avoid the Allen Gun Show. It seems the venue is too small, just MHO. And I found only one deal, and that was on a knife.

Top Bottom