• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outspokenRed

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Hello my fellow firearms owners ! I am a Louisiana boy. I was wondering how much trouble you fellars are having finding [ .22 ]
    rimfire ammo @ the stores around the TEXAS Towns & Cities. I live in Central Louisiana there are 3 wallymarts within 20 m9ile of my home. Only one accademy . None of these bigboxstores have had any .22 rimfire shell of any type in over 6 weeks.
    Is it this hard to find simple .22 plinking ammo in Ya'lls towns ? Also no .444 marlin loads & no 30-06 loads. What say you folks, out in
    East texas & central Texas . Thanyou for taking time to read my first post on -- TEXAS GUN TALK .

from La. - OutspokenRed :(
    Target Sports

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Kinda missed the intro section didn't you. ;) Do you shoot that bad too? :p

Welcome

None of these bigboxstores have had any .22 rimfire shell of any type in over 6 weeks.
    Is it this hard to find simple .22 plinking ammo in Ya'lls towns ?
    In the past @6 weeks I've picked 100rds of LR and gave it to a friend that has less than me. Yes, it's that hard to find on the shelf.

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    Welcome to the forum. You need to read the rules if you want to stay...... ( This in ref to your response on an item for sale ). Yep, prices and availability suck right now. I have cruised into a couple of stores and been able to pick up a small quantity of .22 later in the day. ( after 2 pm ) but they were very lucky days.

Some were/are unprepared and are paying the price, some are panic buying and driving up the price. My local Walmart has had completely empty ammo shelves.

GrandpaOf18

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Elmendorf TX
    Welcome, I was just out your way visiting in-laws in the Alex/Pineville area and checked the big stores to no avail. I did find some reasonable priced 30.06 and 00 buck at a small store on Hwy 28 in Pineville. It seems they had the best selection of ammo, as well as guns.

My Son-in-law is a hunting guide in N.M. and it's the same there as well. And yes, he has already booked up his year early with hunters not going to CO.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Welcome, I was just out your way visiting in-laws in the Alex/Pineville area and checked the big stores to no avail. I did find some reasonable priced 30.06 and 00 buck at a small store on Hwy 28 in Pineville. It seems they had the best selection of ammo, as well as guns.

My Son-in-law is a hunting guide in N.M. and it's the same there as well. And yes, he has already booked up his year early with hunters not going to CO.

Good for them (and your son-in-law).

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    Welcome Red................When I saw Pineville brought back a lot of memories. I was stationed at England AFB back in the 60's. Had a lot of fun in Louisiana. Back then it was almost like being in a different country:cool:

NoCompromise

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Recently my wife spoke to someone at her employment about me having a hard time finding ammo. The lady told my wife that they have a closet full of ammo and had plenty of 22 9 and 223 which are the tougher ones to get. It so happens that her husband is a truck driver for Walmart. She said that they get first pick of the ammo. Guy was buying or taking, since I was told that don't let drivers buy off the truck, and was selling them at inflated prices. Pissed me off a bit.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Recently my wife spoke to someone at her employment about me having a hard time finding ammo. The lady told my wife that they have a closet full of ammo and had plenty of 22 9 and 223 which are the tougher ones to get. It so happens that her husband is a truck driver for Walmart. She said that they get first pick of the ammo. Guy was buying or taking, since I was told that don't let drivers buy off the truck, and was selling them at inflated prices. Pissed me off a bit.

I question this. The drivers do nothing more than drop full, and pick up empty. they generally arent even there during unloading process, and they damn sure dont know whats on trailer

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Without getting technical. Just bill of lading is enough. Detail info not so much. With exception

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom