Hurley's Gold

Owner of Lone Star range killed in an accident.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Very sad, I know they are doing alot of renovations and building a new tactical range. Sad to hear about this.

From there facebook page:

FOR THOSE WHO KNEW AND LOVED MATT BILLINGSLEY OWNER OF THE RANGE......HE PASSED AWAY TODAY IN A HEAVY EQUIPMENT ACCIDENT. WE WILL HAVE FUNERAL INFORMATION POSTED SOON. HE WILL BE MISSED SO MUCH.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Matt was a good and upstanding person for the gun community in Texas. It's a shame to lose people as good as him, especially seeing how he just got married to Sandra and was starting his family. This fucking sucks ...

John / Sandra ... let me know if the forum can do ANYTHING for you guys.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Matt was a good and upstanding person for the gun community in Texas. It's a shame to lose people as good as him, especially seeing how he just got married to Sandra and was starting his family. This fucking sucks ...

if you need
    anything please let me know i love
    you both

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake

Agreed, please let me know if there is anything I can do. Horrible news today.

Prayers out for Matt and his family.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's been a rough day for everyone in the Lone Star family. Matt's family came in and I think everyone is in shock and trying to find a place to stand. There's a good outpouring of support for Matt, a testament to his upstanding character, and everyone had nothing but good things to say about him. We talked about what he's done with the range, all the hard work, and about his bachelor pad turned real house.

They are going ahead with the July 3rd range day. Matt, year after year, worked his tail off to put on a free range day every July 4th weekend. So if you are within driving distance and want to help out the family, show up and show your support on July 3rd.

texas_titans

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Austin
    Terrible news.

My heart goes out to them. I will let all my buds know about this. My friends and I frequently use his facilities.

God be with them in their time of need.

Rock on

Top Bottom