• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio
    If you had asked me a few years ago I'd say Radical over PSA. But PSA has upped it's quality I feel in the last couple of years including going into contract with FN for their barrels. They are one of the industry leaders in the commercial space for a reason. Radical presented a better value for the price a few years ago, but at this point quality I think is better now on the PSA side.

I've bought a ton of products over the decade from them and I will say I've had my ups and downs with them. Right now my recent experiences have been nothing but positive, but YMMV.

Slotback

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Built out one with Palmetto. Zero regrets. Another one for consideration is Del-Ton. I built out one with their stuff. Zero regrets.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    ICE's favorite manufacturer.

BCA is short for bear creek arsenal. They like to employ illegal aliens. Not really the case with radical, but i do know radical has attempted to doxx people before
    PSA has diversity hires. You never know which Shaquita or LaShonda is going to contact you to refund your defective products.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Trey bought an AK from them and he didnt like it so he dealt with customer service and had a poor experience..

I've owned 3 PSA AR-15s... all of them have been great shooters. My current PSA pistol shoots about 1.5 moa and I've put about 1500 rounds through it without issue.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Trey bought an AK from them and he didnt like it so he dealt with customer service and had a poor experience..

I've owned 3 PSA AR-15s... all of them have been great shooters. My current PSA pistol shoots about 1.5 moa and I've put about 1500 rounds through it without issue.
    To be fair I have 2 PSA AR's, one that I got from you, and they work just fine. I'm still out on anything else from PSA though.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I bought a radical on a black Friday sale several years ago it shot fine the first 500rds then it was literally falling apart, pins walking out, furniture coming loose no locktite on them, gas tube was misaligned.

The psa I got after that was 100% reliable till i traded it for their AK, that dude has now 5k thru it no issues.
    Get the PSA an build it as you see fit.

brix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2020
    San Antonio

Yeah them getting into AKs, there were definitely some growing pains, but in recent reviews, it seems they address at lot of the QA issues they had with stuff they are putting out now. A company that takes in feedback and implements changes, gotta respect a company that is willing to do that. And like I said for my experience throughout the years some of my personal experience has been good and some not so good.

Right now they are killing it with their Dagger series. They have very popular micro mags for the g43/43x that are selling like hot cakes right now. Can't think of another company that has seen success in different segments and at good value.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Yeah them getting into AKs, there were definitely some growing pains, but in recent reviews, it seems they address at lot of the QA issues they had with stuff they are putting out now. A company that takes in feedback and implements changes, gotta respect a company that is willing to do that. And like I said for my experience throughout the years some of my personal experience has been good and some not so good.

Right now they are killing it with their Dagger series. They have very popular micro mags for the g43/43x that are selling like hot cakes right now. Can't think of another company that has seen success in different segments and at good value.

Well I respect @TreyG-20 more than most. If he says it was crap and their service was crap I believe it.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    PSA. Their “premium” uppers include FN barrels,
    Most of the bolt carrier groups are from Toolcraft, You could also go a little more expensive and get their Sabre series which is other top shelf parts. But for your purposes, you can get any of their nitride or phosphate upper, get a Toolcraft BCG and what ever charging handle you want.

PSA is also one of the most pro 2A companies out there.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I like PSA too and have owned at least a half dozen lowers and half as many uppers. Their ept triggers have been problematic for me but their milspec stuff has worked just fine. I have yet to get an upper from them that's better than 2 moa, maybe 1.5 on a good day with premium reloads or ammo. Their upper to lower fitments have always been a little looser than I'd like but they run like they should. I imagine if I had bought their FN sourced barrels I'd be happier but I'd sooner get a Faxon or Rosco depending on my budget.

For the money you really can't beat their value but lately I'm more inclined to just assemble stuff completely in house with Aero m4e1 upper/lowers. I bought some modified bolt releases and mag buttons from strike industries and now I prefer them on all rifles. Figure I might as well just build them from scratch.

I still might buy an ARV kit soon but I have an R92 on the way that pushed that project to the back burner.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I once briefly owned a Radical AR upper in .458 SOCOM. It wouldn't feed, and wouldn't eject. The deeper I dug into it, I discovered that I needed to replace every component except the muzzle device with another vendor's parts in order to get something that would function. Zero assistance from Radical, except 'pay us $XX and we'll look at it.'

Top Bottom