Para Companion Carry

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by chevydeerhunter, Jun 30, 2008.

1. chevydeerhunter

chevydeerhunter Well-Known

Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'm still searching for the perfect cc gun and I've heard a lot of good things about the Para Companion Carry with a 3" bbl. I've been trying to talk myself out of a short barrelled pistol, but I've heard nothing but good things about this one. Anybody have any experience with this particular one or even one with a longer barrel?

2. Greenblur

Greenblur New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ray--I don't have any experience with Companion Carry, but I have a Para P12.45, which is the hicap 3" barrel and a P14.45. I'm a fan of the Para brand. I did replace the P12's guide rod assembly shortly after i bought it, but that was out of personal preference. IMHO, Para makes a nice firearm.

Good Luck.

3. philbo

philbo Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    I own the Para 6.45 Para Carry, 3" LDA single stack (older model of what you're looking at) and have had an opportunity to put more than few rounds through it over the years. The LDA trigger is smooth and very controllable. Pistol has been easy to carry, is heavy enough to shoot well, and dependable with a variety of ammo including an assortment of hollow point ammunition ranging from 165 grns to 230 grns. The only thing I modified was to put a piece of grip tape on the front strap which is smooth on my model. Other than that it's a tough pistol not to like. If it fits your hand, then chances are you'll find this a sweet CCW piece. I have.

4. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    Get a stainless version.:D