• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I recently got bit by the paracord bug and have since been thinking about a million different ways to use it. I decided to start simple with a few cobra weave survival bracelets and a minor repair on sheath and cheap machete handle. I was wondering if any of you old-timers out there can show me some unique and useful paracord creations. I'm no spring chicken myself but I really haven't played with it much throughout my life. Please share any useful applications/design ideas here. A picture of my first few projects.
    Venture Surplus ad

Attachments

• paracord 1.jpg
      paracord 1.jpg
      13.7 KB · Views: 169

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Not an old timer but have made a spare magazine holder, duck call lanyard, dog collars, and the typical survival bracelets as well as a few zipper pulls

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Nacskins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Schertz
    Is there a walk-in store in the San Antonio or Austin area where one could purchase para-cord quantities?

National Outdoors on San Pedro has many colors. Most in 50ft hanks if I remember correctly. They also have many diff sizes of buckles.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    Banana Bay Trading Co. in Austin has a nice selection.

I primarily make the standard cobra weave bracelets and watch bands but will try dog collars at some point.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    550 + GI issue poncho = shelter.

Boot laces.

Cobra weave can be used to make a ton of stuff. I've even seen rifle slings made from it, but at about a foot of cord per inch length, that's going to be a LOT of 550. I've done a few knife lanyards for myself and friends, cobra works well for that.

I hung a trellis with the stuff once...

Finally, 550 makes a good way to attach or hang gear from things. I made a single-point attachment for a plate carrier from some 550, a Blackhawk! speed clip and the female side of a buckle.

I've heard that 550 makes less-than-good snares, but I've also heard that you can use the inner strands to make effective bird traps.

The limits to using this stuff are mostly in your head.

Top Bottom