• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    Got a hankering for a 22mag the other day and strolled into a pawn shop and came out ahead.

Marlin 25MN 22mag with a less expensive Simmons scope. It was in really good shape. I've got it torn down now for a deep cleaning and trigger job. I've also ordered a new scope for it.
    Marlin25MN22maga.jpg

I had to take it out before I tore it down though and I am please but think it can be improved.

25MNgroups001.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Nice. I'm of the opinion that it's time somebody builds a semi automatic handgun in 22mag. I picked up a Kimber Ultra Carry for $500.00 at a Pawn Shop about a year ago. I love finding bargains.

dtalley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Lost in BCS
    Well after a good cleaning and installation of a 2-7x32 Nikon Prostaff scope and floating the barrel i am more pleased with this little rifle. It shoots better than I can. I tested 8 different ammo (Win Dynapoint, Win SuperX, Bitterroot Valley, Fed. Champion, Rem Accutip V, Rem JHP, CCI MaxiMag and CCI MaxiMag HP+V)and most of it shot pretty well. The better of the bunch was Winchester Super X (silver box) 40 gr. JHP and Remington Accutip V 33 gr. I was able to get under an inch with both of these at 50 yds. I would get frustrated because I would get 3 shots touching then pull one or two. I know it was me and not the gun. I was shooting off of a bench and sandbags.

25MNFloatedBarrel-1.jpg

sightintargetSmall.jpg

shottargetsandmore002Small.jpg

Top Bottom