PayPal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by 40Arpent, May 13, 2009.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have had a PayPal account for several years with never a problem. This morning, I had a $15 charge (not authorized nor initiated by me) for some sort of e-zine subscription. I filed a complaint with PayPal, which went very smoothly, but this has me freaking a bit. Anyone else ever have any fraud issues or such?

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I've had a paypal account for a long time and have never had any issues. Good thing you caught and reported it.

3. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Yep, and I changed my password and removed my bank account for the time being. For such a small sum and given the nature of the charge, I'm not so sure it was malicious fraud, but I am not sure how someone could "accidentally" charge something to my account. Maybe it was a test to see if they could do it, then they were going to come back and hit it hard.

4. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I've also had one for a long time and never had any problems.

That sounds strange, like you said it's a small amount. Like a processing error.

5. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    That is what I am hoping.

6. Starker

Starker Active Member

Never had any problems either.

7. baboon

baboon Well-Known

Someone tried to charge $3K to my credit card right after I set up the account. I'm convinced it was pay pal related. My NRA VISA was smarter then they were.