• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I saw these guys at the gun show today, and they're selling .223 ammo for $32/100. That's pretty cheap ($8 less per box than wal-mart). Has anyone used there stuff before? Is it at least as good as the bulk stuff you get from Federal or PMC?
    ARJ Defense ad

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I haven't heard of them before but I do know this. Recently, the bottom has fallen out for 223 and 7.62x39 ammo. Even PMC, Federal(lake city) and others are now selling for $6.50/box 20(brass cased). At those prices, I would stick to the more prominent name brands.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm kinda wary of using steel-cased ammo from russia. I don't want my rifle unnecessarily fowled by crap ammo. Is this stuff okay?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    i have some federal .223 that I would part with for less than you can probably find it for anywhere. i went on a shopping spree for ammo last year....now I am thinking I should turn some to spend on other projects.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm kinda wary of using steel-cased ammo from russia. I don't want my rifle unnecessarily fowled by crap ammo. Is this stuff okay?

It's dirtier, but it's not going to foul your rifle up terribly bad. Personally, I wouldn't own a rifle that couldn't function normally with the stuff. It's my opinion that a rifle that won't run this stuff is a bad rifle.

I shoot it out of my MSAR-built AUG clone, and my friend doesn't think twice about running it through his Colt SP-1 or HBAR. My AUG clone went about 2,000 rounds between cleanings without any malfunctions or ill effects.

Is it dirtier? Slightly, but you're taking a big chance on dirty ammo with reloads anyway. Is it as accurate? Again, some unknown reloading company, you're rolling the dice there, too. It's probably a little less accurate and a little more dirty than a lot of US-made factory ammo, but it's accurate enough and clean enough (most people clean WAY more often than they need to anyway).

But if you don't want to run it, that's great. More for me. :p

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's dirtier, but it's not going to foul your rifle up terribly bad. Personally, I wouldn't own a rifle that couldn't function normally with the stuff. It's my opinion that a rifle that won't run this stuff is a bad rifle.

While I'm pretty sure it will shoot the stuff, I didn't say my rifle *wouldn't* shoot it - I merely said I didn't want it to.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    That's what I thought. I guess I'll continue to to pay too much for the brass/domestic stuff.

We bought some (1000 rnds) because it was cheap, went to the range and put 500 through one gun in a day, no FTF/FTE, and ran the second 500 the next day with out cleaning from the day before. It was no dirty than the Mini-14 we were running Federal stuff through, and was just as acurate. I've fired alomst 3000 rnds of the stell case russian stuff now with no issues at all...and for $229.00 per 1000, that's cheap shooting!

Top Bottom