• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohhrico1969

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Tomball
    Just venting. Stopped at the new Academy Sports in Humble on the way home from work. Aside from the obvious stupid questions I had to go through from the sales staff..there was a woman aobviously buying her first gun, no experience etc...Had to listen to the sales guy tell her how great a .38 snubby would be as her first gun and how she should use it to kill people and defend her family and why its sooooo simple to use and she doesn't need traning. Just pull the trigger and bam! What kind of training do these people get? Am I allowed to say "ass-clown" on this forum?
    :banghead:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'd have thrown a flag on that one. Usually I just put up with gun store BS, but that's a situation that's actually dangerous.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Just venting. Stopped at the new Academy Sports in Humble on the way home from work. Aside from the obvious stupid questions I had to go through from the sales staff..there was a woman aobviously buying her first gun, no experience etc...Had to listen to the sales guy tell her how great a .38 snubby would be as her first gun and how she should use it to kill people and defend her family and why its sooooo simple to use and she doesn't need traning. Just pull the trigger and bam! What kind of training do these people get? Am I allowed to say "ass-clown" on this forum?
    :banghead:

That's pretty ridiculous...

Only if you caps lock it. ASS CLOWN!!!

That's the perfect way to write it...

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    assclown-3347.jpg like this?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The guy in the Academy in Killeen was pushing Taurus handguns on people by telling them that the military was about to switch to them. Sad thing is, he really seemed to believe it. BTW, this was after the military cancelled the new handgun trials, so they weren't about to switch to anything.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I was at the Dick's Sporting Goods in Killeen about 2 months ago and 2 older ladies were looking to buy a gun for protection. The sales person was showing them several options and all were semi-auto. They both had very small hands and were not in great physical shape. I suggested they might want to look at an LCR or BodyGuard revolver, since they could not get the slide racked for the gun they were being shown at the time and could not get their hands around the grips. The person behind the counter seemed offended, but said that would be an option if they had the LCP (he immmediatly went back to semi-auto) in stock, but they were out right now so the gun he was showing them would be the best bet. He did have someone look up the price for the LCP in case they wanted to order it.

What good is a weapon that you can't operate? Are you going to throw it at the bad guy and hope you hit him in the head hard enough to knock him out so he doesn't use it on you?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Shouldn't there be some sort of minimum IQ score for sales "associates" at gun store counters? When one of my "non gun" friends inquires about a handgun for self defense, I generally initially suggest a revolver. I taught my daughter to shoot early on with a .38 snubby with some low velocity semi-wadcutters and she absolutely loved it. I think if I'd starter her out on a semi-auto, she probably would have disliked it immensely.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    My brother in law wanted a S&W 686 .357 for defense for his wife's first gun. I happened to have the one he wanted and for various reasons I won't go into here, didn't get it. He finally said "Fine, it would be better if I bought her a gun better for girls anyway....I am going to get her a Glock."

That statement still amuses me!!!!

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I'm amazed and ................... kinda' confused? as to what his statement was supposed to mean? A Glock could be a first semi-auto as it is definately simple to operate but it's definately not classified as a "girlie" gun.

zfields

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    San Marcos, TX
    This is why I dont go to gun stores anymore. Order reloading supplies, enough people at my range are cool enough to let ya take a few shots were there guns ( as long as you share what you have! ), then order them through a local kitchen table FFL, usually at a lower price then what the store has them at.

specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    I worked at a retail store in the hunting section and was asked during my job interview a series of questions pertaining to guns and hunting. That said, we did wind up hiring someone who had no experiance with guns or hunting but that is the world of retail. When folks quit you need someone to take their place. Also, even though I worked with some great folks who had been shooting/hunting for awhile they often had habits from home that irritated me (like snapping a revolver cylinder closed one handed). When you pay minimum wage you get minimum wage.

Semper Fi

Mike

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom