Venture Surplus ad

Per TX and SA Law, the optimal way to deal with door to door solicitors?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    I am looking for someone knowledgeable in TX law and/or San Antonio city law (i.e., current or recent prosecutor, attorney, or law enforcement) to answer this question for two scenarios: What is the best way to use existing laws to discourage or prevent door to door solicitations?

I am no lawyer, so I cannot interpret the law I find enough to come up with a winning and realistic strategy. Also, there is much BS advice out there from folks who "had a friend", eventually admit it was some other state or city's laws, or this was the way it was 30 years ago.

Here are the two scenarios:

1. Solicitation occurs in the City of San Antonio (SA code), from a public street, when a No Soliciting/No Trespassing sign is posted at the door.

2. Solicitation occurs outside the City of San Antonio (TX law), in a gated community from private streets, when a "legal" No Soliciting/No Trespassing sign is posted at the gate.

Again, ideally looking for current LEOs or lawyers who currently deal with these issues. If I can get a solid answer, we can all use this info to our advantage.
    Lynx Defense

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I live between stone oak and bulverde. This is a big issue over here. Happens every spring. Pest control, solar panels, roofers, window/door people etc. All the neighborhoods have no soliciting and no trespassing signs. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Sherrifs office doesn't care. If you find a solution let me know.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Here's an example of what I am looking for...just recognize I may have the law and facts wrong...which is why I am asking:

I heard door to door solicitors are supposed to have a permit to do so. If they do not, they are subject to a $20K fine. That could scare them off.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    All the neighborhoods have no soliciting and no trespassing signs. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Sherrifs office doesn't care.
    Yep. A solicitor told me he is breaking no law despite the sign at our gate. There must be solicitation/tresspass laws, even if they are never enforced. Lack of enforcement is not the same as "not breaking a law". Right now solicitors are banging on 100 doors hoping 1 will buy their wares. I want them to stop banging on our doors because they think this is the 1 house in a 100 that will actually produce an LEO who is not too busy and takes the time to log the violation. Successive violations should lead to stiffer penalties.

Last edited:

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I live between stone oak and bulverde. This is a big issue over here. Happens every spring. Pest control, solar panels, roofers, window/door people etc. All the neighborhoods have no soliciting and no trespassing signs. Doesn't seem to make a difference. Sherrifs office doesn't care. If you find a solution let me know.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I answer the door in an unfriendly manner, me over 6ft 230 pounds bib overalls beard and engineer boots, with angry dog snarling and barking....people don't stay long.
    Johnny

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    The ordinance I want to see is a "may solicit" list. In other words, the city would maintain a list of addresses that allow solicitation. If people want to allow solicitors at their door then they can sign up online to be on the list. The folks who want to solicit in the town would have to purchase a list from the city. When they visit someone not on the list, they are subject to fines starting at $500. Soliciting without buying the list is another $500 fine. And a picture of them on your property mailed to the police is sufficient for the police to issue the ticket. If someone from the company they work for does it three times in a year, then the company is fined $5000 and they are banned from soliciting in the town for two years.

I have two issues with solicitors - it is my property and I do not want random people showing up to disturb me, or worse, my dogs. And it was a major issue when I worked nights only to be disturbed by solicitors.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Aww hell,dog loves me, wife still comes home, and cooks sometimes, even buys me beer and Bourbon?

ETA: damn Sarge.... I'm still laughing .
    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    You got a few keepers, treat them right. A dog that loves you and a wife who buys you beer, plus prolly puts up with you to boot, are priceless.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I am looking for someone knowledgeable in TX law and/or San Antonio city law (i.e., current or recent prosecutor, attorney, or law enforcement) to answer this question for two scenarios: What is the best way to use existing laws to discourage or prevent door to door solicitations?

I am no lawyer, so I cannot interpret the law I find enough to come up with a winning and realistic strategy. Also, there is much BS advice out there from folks who "had a friend", eventually admit it was some other state or city's laws, or this was the way it was 30 years ago.

Here are the two scenarios:

1. Solicitation occurs in the City of San Antonio (SA code), from a public street, when a No Soliciting/No Trespassing sign is posted at the door.

2. Solicitation occurs outside the City of San Antonio (TX law), in a gated community from private streets, when a "legal" No Soliciting/No Trespassing sign is posted at the gate.

Again, ideally looking for current LEOs or lawyers who currently deal with these issues. If I can get a solid answer, we can all use this info to our advantage.

You're taking things too seriously, you need to have fun and be creative and basically screw with people and bake their brains while they think:

1: Person selling candy for fundraiser: "Sorry, I'm diabetic."
    2. Person selling solar: " We're Amish and don't use any electronic devices. I'd love to have you come in and tell you why electrons are the dancehall of the Devil, and we can make candles together"
    3. Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons: "I am an ordained minister in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster" and I offer to give them a flyer I downloaded from venganza.org
    4. Internet Providers: "The internet is the gateway to the Matrix and only by avoiding the internet can we be free to live our lives in Zion unshackled from the Matrix".

Top Bottom