Join TexasGunTalk

Peter King: ‘Vile’ phone calls by Ted Cruz allies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by oldguy, Sep 26, 2013.

1. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    Peter King: ‘Vile’ phone calls by Ted Cruz allies - 'Following False Leader'
    politico
    By TAL KOPAN | 9/26/13 9:26 AM EDT

Peter King: ‘Vile’ phone calls by Ted Cruz allies

King says the callers need to know 'they're following a false leader.

Rep. Peter King, who has pulled no punches in criticizing Ted Cruz, said Thursday that supporters of the Texas senator have been bombarding his office with “vile” phone calls.

The New York Republican has called Cruz a fraud for his calls to defund Obamacare, and said the senator’s campaign this summer to get the House to pass a government funding bill that defunds the health care law led to some offensive phone calls to King’s office.

“The vehemence of the phone calls coming into the office. I don’t care, people can call me whatever they want … I haven’t heard such vile, profane, obscene language,” King said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday.

King said while the majority of Cruz fans are “good people,” he’s concerned about what sentiments Cruz has preyed on. While he doesn’t know if Republicans can reach Cruz, they should try to “heal tensions” with his supporters, he said.

“I’m not saying Ted Cruz is responsible for all his supporters, but he has tapped into a dark strain here in the American political psyche here, and again, the most obscene, profane stuff you can imagine all from people who say they support the Constitution,” King said. “I think what we have to do is reach out to his people and let them know that they’re following a false leader here.”

``````````````````` -http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...lls-97396.html

2. oldguy

oldguy Well-Known

Mar 6, 2008
    The GOP hierarchy must come to understand the base is not with them one reason for the loss past two elections. The more left they move the more people they drop.

3. BG1960

BG1960 Well-Known

It's hell when the peasants come for the Gentry.

4. TX69

TX69 TGT Addict

Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
  5. Southpaw

Southpaw LOW CLASS TGT Supporter

Solid conservative???? I guess you need to consider the source.

Irish Echo | Pete King confirms White House interest

[h=1]Pete King confirms White House interest[/h]

6. PhulesAu

PhulesAu TGT Addict

Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I think what he is really whining about is, that the callers aren't kissing his ass. And don't have any trouble speaking plain English.

7. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Its about trying to marginalize Cruz and the Tea Party, paint them as radicals and silence them. Think about how radical our founding fathers were!

8. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Peter King is a New York establishment Republican just a shade lighter than Anthony Wiener. His constituents are no different than Wiener's were. A Texas Blue Dog democrat is more conservative than a North East Republican.

9. Texasjack

Texasjack TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Absolutely correct.

10. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon TGT Addict

I only had to read that far....says it all. New Dork......