• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    I have had the Texas CHL since 1996. I do not really want to let everyone know that I am armed. Having said that I would like to have the option for open carry mainly for the summer time when concealed carry limits your options more. I like hip holsters that can be concealed with shirt over it but they can rise up a lot and show gun too many times especially when you sit down. It would be nice to have an open carry option.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Regardless of its lack of tactical advantage open carry should be legal in my opinion. There's several states that it's legal and has been legal for sometime. There sky isn't falling in AZ or CO. I would definitely vote for CO style open carry ( OPEN CARRY no permit necessary, CC permit required). We as gun owners shouldn't HAVE to hide our guns because people might get scared. I personally would carry concealed buy I think this is more of a rights thing and a good step in un-demonizing guns.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd support most anything that makes us free-er (is that a word?).

Would rarely open carry, but I don't think the .gov has the authority to place any restrictions on any sort of arms in the first place. They've overstepped their authority, and it needs to be corrected through the legislative process.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Open carry removed the Tactical advantage from a CHL holder.
    Just like a cop in uniform removes the cops advantage.

Wait, What do you mean the criminal just pics somewhere else or another time???

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    A petition for Open Carry has been started at iPetitions.

Petition Open Carry in Texas

We also have a Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Texans-for-open-Carry/226513467444388

We are trying to get Open Carry legal in the State. We have been working closely with the Lone Star Citizen Defense League. We are separate from them but have the same goal at the moment.

This is the same failed strategy as last time. It will fail again.

If you want Open Carry, join TSRA and tell them to make it a priority.

Also, find out who is running for Texas legislature and get their position on the issue NOW. Then vote accordingly in the upcoming Texas Primary.

InfantryNCO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Kempner
    This is the same failed strategy as last time. It will fail again.

If you want Open Carry, join TSRA and tell them to make it a priority.

Also, find out who is running for Texas legislature and get their position on the issue NOW. Then vote accordingly in the upcoming Texas Primary.

It's failed once in the past? [sarcasm] Then by all means let's not try this strategy ever again! [/sarcasm]

Better yet, why not tackle the issue from all three fronts?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It's failed once in the past? [sarcasm] Then by all means let's not try this strategy ever again! [/sarcasm]

Better yet, why not tackle the issue from all three fronts?

I did not say "once" I said last time. and the time before that, etc.

The problem with petitions is folks sign them and think the work is done.

I can tell you right now, with certainty, the most important thing to OC is the Upcoming Primary.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    well.. open carry would be nice, but I would rather be able to CC at my CC (community college) mind you Laredo CC is LITERALLY on the river and I've been witness to some interesting situations...

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I recently spent almost two years working in Arizona where open carry is legal. At first it was kind of attention grabbing to see it then the novelty wore off and it wasn't so shocking to see it. Some time later when Arizona changed the laws and allowed concealed carry without a permit open carry all but dissappered. Well almost..... Seemed the mall ninja's refused to cover up their Glocks.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    ...find out who is running for Texas legislature and get their position on the issue NOW. Then vote accordingly in the upcoming Texas Primary.

Definitely.

And...they will only care if they think there's enough people in their district who support it. I can see how an actual scientific poll, by district, could persuade a candidate that's open to the idea but on the fence about its priority.

However, petitions don't hurt anything.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    Ok First think. "Surprise" is NEVER used as a strategy in DEFENSE!!! I know, I'm active military. Open carry is a deterrent. It keeps crime from happening. I have lived in Colorado recently and openly carried for years.

As far as the strategy for getting this passed I REFUSE to go to the TSRA because they have quietly blocking open carry for three sessions. The last session they filed motions against the bill. I am hoping that the bill that I wrote and am currently trying to get the Texas State Senate to support (working with specific senators) will not cause them TSRA to object but they are not going to be getting my money.

As far as where it's legal, It is legal in some form in all but 7 States, (Texas, OK, LA, SC, IL, NY, and FL) Even CA has open carry in counties of less than 200K (not perfect but more than we in Texas have). In Colorado there is not license but you can not carry in Denver. The bill I wrote will have full preemption.

Aj Weaver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Little Elm
    Sorry I misread. All , but 7 states. Got ya. We need to follow Az, and get rid of the permits, and legalize open carry as well.

I agree completely however I am only working one step at a time. Truthfully I am of the opinion that ALL Laws regarding firearms are unconstitutional (with the exception of some of the early colonial law requiring ALL citizens to carry).

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Ok First think. "Surprise" is NEVER used as a strategy in DEFENSE!!! I know, I'm active military. Open carry is a deterrent. It keeps crime from happening. I have lived in Colorado recently and openly carried for years.
    Please provide the evidence.
    As far as where it's legal, It is legal in some form in all but 7 States, (Texas, OK, LA, SC, IL, NY, and FL) Even CA has open carry in counties of less than 200K (not perfect but more than we in Texas have). In Colorado there is not license but you can not carry in Denver. The bill I wrote will have full preemption.
    You guys need to be honest. Open carry is legal in TEXAS under the majority of circumstances where carry is legal. And isn't the CA law only for unloaded handguns?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Top Bottom