• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texan79423

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 7, 2021
    Flatlands
    Pharmacy IP providers down since 2.21.24. My pharmacy and all others in town say they cannot get with the insurance companies for approval on prescriptions as internet is down. I have had to pay full price for two prescriptions this week. Anyone else experiencing this??
    Capitol Armory ad

alternative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2023
    Texas
    Hacked. Even GoodRx was down. Last night GoodRx said they were back.

"UnitedHealth unit cyberattack
    CNN (2/22, Goldman) reports, “Pharmacies across the United States are reporting that they are having difficulty getting prescriptions to patients because of a cyberattack on a unit of UnitedHealth.” On Thursday, “the company said in a regulatory filing...its Change Healthcare business, which processes prescriptions to insurance for tens of thousands of pharmacies nationwide, was compromised by hackers who gained access to some of its systems.” The company found out about “the cyberattack Wednesday, and, in a separate statement, said it expected the attack to last at least throughout the day Thursday.” The cyberattack blocked “some pharmacies from processing prescriptions to insurance companies to receive payment.”

The Wall Street Journal reports the American Hospital Association called on medical facilities to disconnect from Optum following the cyberattack. Change Healthcare offers prescription processing services through Optum."

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Interesting timing after AT&T was down a couple of days ago. They poo-pooed the cyberattack theory, but could not give a cause.
    Maybe the Chicoms are mixing things up a bit?

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Change Healthcare went down Tuesday night and they are a clearing house that touches 1 out of 3 people with insurance. I work on healthcare systems and it's highly likely they could be down for a month.

Fun fact, the chief information security officer for United is named...Steve Martin.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Many data breaches are inside jobs. The can't legally sell the extremly valuable info on open market, but oops..... Sorrry! Here is your free year of credit monitoring.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    This one was instigated by the ransomware group Blackcat. The FBI hacked them back in December. Blackcat vowed to no longer exclude infrastructure so they hit a healthcare clearing house which will be down for months. We'll see if Blackcat hits something like a large financial institution along the lines of Citibank.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    This one was instigated by the ransomware group Blackcat. The FBI hacked them back in December. Blackcat vowed to no longer exclude infrastructure so they hit a healthcare clearing house which will be down for months. We'll see if Blackcat hits something like a large financial institution along the lines of Citibank.
    Blackcat ransomware had been decrypted by the feebs. They offer select sites access to the key.

Picking winners and losers.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    Change Healthcare went down Tuesday night and they are a clearing house that touches 1 out of 3 people with insurance. I work on healthcare systems and it's highly likely they could be down for a month.

Fun fact, the chief information security officer for United is named...Steve Martin.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    The truth is they didn't have to give anything. Eh, I'll take the $5. If I get it. I had the outage but I have Cricket which uses AT&T's network.
    I read where ATT is ONLY giving the credit to customers on an ATT plan. I have Cricket too but we won't get a credit.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    My friends son is a high end manager at Change Healthcare..he said they got hacked the SAME day that ATT said they had a software "issue"....yeah..

He said that it's a ransomware attack and they are demanding millions...Change won't pay it.

He thinks it's liable to crash the whole company..he don't know if he will have a job a month from now.

Pharmacies and providers are scrambling to go on a new system

Just wait till it is revealed that all our data was compromised...

ATT and Change were part of a big scale cyber attack on the US...
    They can deny it..but I still think it is the truth

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    My friends son is a high end manager at Change Healthcare..he said they got hacked the SAME day that ATT said they had a software "issue"....yeah..

He said that it's a ransomware attack and they are demanding millions...Change won't pay it.

He thinks it's liable to crash the whole company..he don't know if he will have a job a month from now.

Change Healthcare had a scheduled meeting with their client executives late yesterday but I haven't heard the updates. They are being very hush about when it might be resolved (months?). I'm questioning their viability since customers are seeking alternative clearing house vendors and Change is releasing contract stipulations for it's customers. I'm sure our data has been compromised.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Things like this is exactly why I have a couple months back up supply..
    Thank God I only have one prescription for mild blood pressure and it's cheap and easy to get

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US

Yep! The coding error excuse is something they came up with expecting that it will cause them to lose less customers than if they revealed the truth. I have to imagine that this cost them some serious money. Has anyone heard of anyone being fired for their mistake?

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Change Healthcare had a scheduled meeting with their client executives late yesterday but I haven't heard the updates. They are being very hush about when it might be resolved (months?). I'm questioning their viability since customers are seeking alternative clearing house vendors and Change is releasing contract stipulations for it's customers. I'm sure our data has been compromised.
    If they are are still our customer which I believe they are, the credit card info will be safe unless they are crawling through the system and detokenizing them and we would notice that.

Top Bottom