14-BFDF0-C-4728-454-D-B312-4-B524-EADC4-ED.jpg
    Guns International

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Shoot color and convert to monochrome. It gives more control .

If you have got it, I recommend the Adobe subscription for lightroom and photoshop.
    10 bucks a month.

I'm currently taking an on line course in photoshop. Forcing myself to pretend I know nothing and work through every lesson and assignment.

Hey call me.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Okay boys and girls; ladies and gentlemen; and children of all ages; I have been taking an online course on Photoshop. It's by Marc Newton and The School Of Photography. He is based in the U.K. so he has a funny accent. So far it has been a good course. I have been using PS since version 3 but have been self taught. While I have been able to do what I needed in PS, I have never really felt comfortable with it.

Here is one of the lessons on layers and layer masks. These are images furnished by the school for the assignment but the combination was done by me. It starts with two images, a portrait and another where the model has her hands over her face. After applying layers and masking you get this as a final image.
    masks.jpg

Not really my kind of thing but an interesting learning exercise. Marc says that LightRoom enhances and photoshop lies. This seems to be proof of the latter.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Thanks Sam7sf. You should check out the school at www.theschoolofphotography.com.
    They have all sorts of courses. They aren't free but so far seem to be well organized and lead you through in a logical step by step process. You can learn all this by utube videos but you will only learn snippets at a time and won't have images furnished so you can follow along. This has all that and pdfs so you have written refreshers.

Next I'll do the Lightroom course.

I still recommend the Adobe subscription for both Lightroom and Ps. Only $10 a month for the industry standard. Sure there are other programs that can accomplish the same things but as my wife used to tell her students, "different is not the same."

By the way, Nikon has a program that is free called NX Studio which can be downloaded from their website. It's basically a camera raw editor for the NEF raw format,

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Here is another assignment from that Photoshop course I've been taking. Again these are not my photo's just me learning how to do this.
    man.jpg

This lesson is on multiple exposures. Three images, a man, a river or canal, and NYC skyline. The eyes remind me of Trump so I think of this as a young Trump thinking of his future real estate developments.

I know how to do this in a real darkroom with film, Kodalith negatives and positives plus the image negatives. All it took was chemicals, planing, and a lot of time. Now it takes electrons and a lot of time but you can go back and make adjustments to everything you do so there is no wasted paper, chemicals or other stuff.

If you are interested in learning Ps, or even Ps Elements, this course would be a good one. Full disclosure: For recommending this course I receive the princely sum of absolutely nothing.

They have several courses from photography 101 to some more advanced stuff. The best deal is to join the "school" so you have access to all the courses. That's if you are interested in more than one course.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Here is another assignment from that Photoshop course I've been taking. Again these are not my photo's just me learning how to do this. View attachment 327473
    This lesson is on multiple exposures. Three images, a man, a river or canal, and NYC skyline. The eyes remind me of Trump so I think of this as a young Trump thinking of his future real estate developments.

I know how to do this in a real darkroom with film, Kodalith negatives and positives plus the image negatives. All it took was chemicals, planing, and a lot of time. Now it takes electrons and a lot of time but you can go back and make adjustments to everything you do so there is no wasted paper, chemicals or other stuff.

If you are interested in learning Ps, or even Ps Elements, this course would be a good one. Full disclosure: For recommending this course I receive the princely sum of absolutely nothing.

They have several courses from photography 101 to some more advanced stuff. The best deal is to join the "school" so you have access to all the courses. That's if you are interested in more than one course.
    That’s cool. Something like that would be good for a comic book/super hero movie poster. The eyes having more of a mask look.

Very cool work!

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks Sam7sf. You should check out the school at www.theschoolofphotography.com.
    They have all sorts of courses. They aren't free but so far seem to be well organized and lead you through in a logical step by step process. You can learn all this by utube videos but you will only learn snippets at a time and won't have images furnished so you can follow along. This has all that and pdfs so you have written refreshers.

Next I'll do the Lightroom course.

I still recommend the Adobe subscription for both Lightroom and Ps. Only $10 a month for the industry standard. Sure there are other programs that can accomplish the same things but as my wife used to tell her students, "different is not the same."

By the way, Nikon has a program that is free called NX Studio which can be downloaded from their website. It's basically a camera raw editor for the NEF raw format,
    Thanks for the link. I took PS in college but that was around early 2000s. I may look into a light room course.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Ps is a lot different than it was in the 2000s. Using Ps was part of my job in the printing industry from 1997 to 2010. Fortunately I didn't need to use most of the advanced features..

Quark express preferred images in the .eps format, InDesign originally liked tiffs but around 03 striated preferring psd files.

So even with all my experience I still found the class very rewarding. I will be going over some of the lessons again.

The current lesson is on using Lightroom and Ps together. Then the final review is left.

Top Bottom