Hurley's Gold

Phucked around and found out thread. Stories of dirtbags doing dirtbag things and taking dirtnaps or finding out the reward isnt as they thought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Had I noticed the creatures 'epicanthic eyes' earlier, I may have figured out he was in Japan, where they too drive on the 'wrong side' of the road.

Guess he was on his way to 'comic con' or the Japanese equivalent...

The first time I encountered the 'wrong side of the road' driving hazard was in the Cayman Islands and later in the U.K. and then New Zealand. (North Island)

Maybe for some driving on 'the other side of the road' comes as no big deal...but, I for one found it...unpleasant and at times down right scary...

Having to stay that vigilant for long drives is kinda like hunting - always stay aware...
    Hurley's Gold

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    c2300,

OK.

A detective I'm not.

Our (domestic look at - look at me's) seem quite tame in comparison...

While in the U.K. (also in the 80's) I saw not a one in Brighton, where I spent most of my time, but once in London, I saw them pop up here and there.

I used to wonder how much time it took to rig up all that theatrical gear, hair and make up...and these were all guys...

It must've taken hours of painstaking effort to get it 'just right'...just to semi-shock the bourgeoisie...who for the most part, dismissed these folk as in: Once you've seen one, for the most part, you've seen them all and anyway, I'm late for the subway (ok, it's the 'tube' in London) and couldn't g.a.s. less if some guy wants to look like the incarnation of some type of what appears to be a satanic cult member.

Ho Hum!
    I don't get the amount of time and trouble some some go through for their "look".

I have a look for sure, but its because it is simple*, convenient and adds function to my life. I am happy to eat cereal (my wife laughs saying I am life a dog, happy to eat its crunchy food) and cut my own hair so I can spend time and money on things I find important.

*I've been called simple too

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I think simple might describe me in many ways. I have shoes older than some of our members.

I've used the same hair gel for 15 years. Had the same haircut for 30 years at least. And yeah, I got hair and I';ve never dyed it.

I have eaten either cereal or a toasted frozen waffle over 90% of the time for years. I was with the same woman for 37 years, and happy to be with her.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    c2300,

We have a similar philosophy of being presentable.

My wife mows off the 17 hairs on me noggin using a Wahl Senior of at least 25/30 years vintage about every 3/4 weeks.

Money and inconvenience - Bang/Saved!

I wear clothes to the point 'she who must...' quietly throws them out to my chagrin...hey, I say, they were just broken in to my liking...dammit!

As to style, well, summer or winter, I do like to wear tee shirts/shorts and an old camo cap to match my old wrinkled mug.

Do I g.a.s. if I don't look exquisitely 'dapper'?

No.

Thing is, I can afford to wear pricey clothes and have everything done for me, but I just can't do that.

My single only compulsion is I must be clean. I really like to shower a minimum of once every day...sometimes twice if I have to do some gawd-awful/filthy chore.

Having once been an infantry soldier and there's nothing filthier as the dirt, grime and overall stink of being 'out there' placed a life time premium on being clean...

I digress...

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    I enjoy a good shower and get one daily during my work week but its out of courtesy to those around me. Part of camping I enjoy is minimal bathing, keep the important things clean and don't worry about the rest until I "smell like the woods"

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Had I noticed the creatures 'epicanthic eyes' earlier, I may have figured out he was in Japan, where they too drive on the 'wrong side' of the road.

Guess he was on his way to 'comic con' or the Japanese equivalent...

The first time I encountered the 'wrong side of the road' driving hazard was in the Cayman Islands and later in the U.K. and then New Zealand. (North Island)

Maybe for some driving on 'the other side of the road' comes as no big deal...but, I for one found it...unpleasant and at times down right scary...

Having to stay that vigilant for long drives is kinda like hunting - always stay aware...
    I nearly got hit by a bus in Japan, I looked the wrong way before crossing the road…I was literally inches from getting hit, my nose practically wiped the entire side of the bus as it sped past.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I nearly got hit by a bus in Japan, I looked the wrong way before crossing the road…I was literally inches from getting hit, my nose practically wiped the entire side of the bus as it sped past.
    I had the same problem at the Walmart parking lot today. Skuffed my knuckles on the bastards car. Phuktards didn't even have the balls to stop and properly receive my adoration and telling them they were number 1.

Seriously who goes 30mph by the front door in a crosswalk full of people.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Woman cuts off husband's penis then sinks knife into his eyeball.

I don't know what he did but he certainly found out.

Makes it not so funny when the wife tells me "you gotta sleep sometime".

She may not be completely sane. Lol

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

He won’t do that again.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Dumbass san Antonio man didn’t declare deactivated anti-tank weapon in his checked luggage at airport?

It is deactivated, 100% legal and he declared it to the airline. TSA simply freaked over it.

That said, it shouldn't have to be deactivated to be "legal" I'm pretty sure it is "arms"

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Top Bottom