Target Sports

Phucked around and found out thread. Stories of dirtbags doing dirtbag things and taking dirtnaps or finding out the reward isnt as they thought.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Your and ogt's attitude is why this "attitude" towards a man doing the right thing could bring harm to himself at the hands of the system that should PROTECT him.

Police shouldn't replace you doing what needs to be done, they should be there to help you. If you aren't willing to shoot someone if they need shooting why call someone to do it for you?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    My "attitude" toward this is curiosity and a genuine interest to learn what/how Texas law will be applied.

My personal belief that I don't want to kill a person over "stuff" is my own personal belief. Other people have no qualms with killing someone over stealing a TV... that is their right, and I would not tell them they are wrong.

I alone have to live with my actions, as does each other individual.

I detest thieves... I enjoy it when they get caught. Or, if they are armed, I like it when they are taken out. I personally believe "porch pirates" should be beaten badly enough to spend a few weeks in a hospital, preferrably in traction.

I don't know all the details of this story, but if it was simply someone stealing a backyard barbeque grill, then (in my own personal opinion) chasing him down and shooting him was excessive force.
    Chase him down, hold him at gunpoint, if he moves for a weapon of some kind, drop him like a hot rock. This may very well be what happened... I don't know.
    Lynx Defense

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Except 9.42 talks about in the nighttime, and the grill was not stolen in the nighttime, and the owner chased and hunted down the thief in the daylight. Do you have another section of the penal code that says you chase and hunt down and kill a thief in the daytime?

I know the Texas Penal Code, and I work in the court system and I see how juries react. Juries do not like vigilantes. Just a fact.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
    According to the story, he fired on the thief when he he was confronted with what he reasonably believed was deadly force. You would do well to delve into the nuances of what constitutes deadly force in Texas as well.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    Except 9.42 talks about in the nighttime, and the grill was not stolen in the nighttime, and the owner chased and hunted down the thief in the daylight. Do you have another section of the penal code that says you chase and hunt down and kill a thief in the daytime?

I know the Texas Penal Code, and I work in the court system and I see how juries react. Juries do not like vigilantes. Just a fact.

From the article

“Deputies were dispatched to the 15000 block of Ralston Road at approximately 5:58 a.m. due to a shooting.

So the grill was stolen before sun up, thus making it night time.

Where did you read that the owner chased the thief down in daylight?

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    From the article

“Deputies were dispatched to the 15000 block of Ralston Road at approximately 5:58 a.m. due to a shooting.

So the grill was stolen before sun up, thus making it night time.

Where did you read that the owner chased the thief down in daylight?
    The article I read said morning.

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    The Texas code I looked at 9.42 does use the word “night time”, my assumption is night time would be from sundown to sun up, but that is an assumption. I wonder what the courts or DA will rule nighttime to be.

Does anyone know if night time has been defined somewhere in the Texas code? Or by courts?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    1GunTX,

Have you come to this site as a 'Missionary' in order to teach us 'knuckle draggers' how to behave?

Sorry old boy, (ah, ok, I'm guessing about your gender) but your self appointed task is akin to 'shoveling sand against the tide'...

Please consider another site like 'blm', it'd be a better fit.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Latest "news" on this BBQ event. Favorite comment was about a drop gun- someone suggested dropping a toy gun at scene, lol.

Glad the “attorney” in that article was named. That is not an attorney I would want representing me.

Top Bottom