• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    A belt and dressing like a slob means you can carry anything. Well almost anything.

I don't like small handguns. I'm willing to make some sacrifices to ultimate comfort and concealibiliy if it means i get to carry a full size pistol
    <>

The O P was attempt to learn which characteristics are most important to those who carry concealed frequently or daily.

Any gun/rig set-up has to make some compromises.

Carry-on !

<>
    Guns International

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    range day boomer juice.jpg

a compact double stack handgun with a dot and a light is king in my opinion.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’ve gone thru all these thought processes before and have opinions on what I prefer for me and my situation.

I’d rather folks carry what they are comfortable they will use in a defensive engagement that get something that meets certain criteria because they don’t like to practice with it at the range.

I’m looking at you, Mr full house loads in an airweight. I don’t care if it’s a MAGNUM or not, you’re too scared of the recoil moment to be proficient with the gun.

mmcbeat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2018
    Fort Worth
    I used to carry a Glock 19 year round. Then I moved to Texas about six years ago and started carrying the G19 in winter and a S&W 442 (pocket carry) during about the three hottest months - shorts & t-shirt. For the past three years I’ve been care the 442 year round because of ammunition being scarce and not going to the range on a regular basis. Now I’m back to hitting the range weekly and ammunition is better both in supply and price. I recently bought an Sig P365. I have had it to the range once. I have a Vedder pocket holster on order. When it arrives and a few more range trips the P365 will probably be my EDC.

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    I carry a full-size 1911 year 'round. It has a black serrated rear sight, tritium front, McCormick RPMs, 4.5lb trigger, and a bunch of other goodies. I carry it in my belt, OWB, covered with a vest.

For the times I can't carry a real pistol, I have an LCP II in .380. It has a piece of bicycle innertube over the grip to help it stay in-hand during recoil, and I usually use a 7rnd extended mag. It's handy for bicycling or funerals.

Regards.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I carry what I know I can hit with and it’s second nature to me. I don’t worry about size or weight.
    This.
    The most reliable gun you can shoot accurately that fits the situation you are most likely to be in at the time. Even if that means having several different for different situations. Real simple.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I carry a full-size 1911 year 'round. It has a black serrated rear sight, tritium front, McCormick RPMs, 4.5lb trigger, and a bunch of other goodies. I carry it in my belt, OWB, covered with a vest.

For the times I can't carry a real pistol, I have an LCP II in .380. It has a piece of bicycle innertube over the grip to help it stay in-hand during recoil, and I usually use a 7rnd extended mag. It's handy for bicycling or funerals.

Regards.
    I had a holster shaped like a wallet when I had a lcp 2. Worked great.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I looked at those. The ones I saw one has to pull it out and flip it open like a wallet. Seems like it would take a bit long.

Was yours different?
    It was I described it wrong. It was more like this where you could fire.

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN

Ingramite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Hill Country
    My experience is that it's as much about clothes as ordinance.

Suppose you have a pair of pants that allows you to comfortably carry this in the front pocket?

20230219_201303.jpg

Then all of a sudden carrying this seems like taking a day off.

20230226_163005.jpg

But it's not just about pocket size either.

20221127_073628.jpg

That's a Beretta 92fs in appendix carry. The long barrel actually makes for a very stable condition.

Duluth Trading firehose cargo pants have cavernous front pockets that have a small change pocket in the bottom of the right front pocket. Perfect for the muzzle to drop down into.

I like the slimness of a government 1911 for Mexican Carry too.

Carry what you're effective with. For me, that's a full size pistol. Pick the one you're the best with, then figure out how to carry it. Don't pick one just because it's easy to carry.

Josh Smith

Smith-Sights LLC
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Wabash IN
    My experience is that it's as much about clothes as ordinance.

Suppose you have a pair of pants that allows you to comfortably carry this in the front pocket?

View attachment 384407

Then all of a sudden carrying this seems like taking a day off.

View attachment 384409

But it's not just about pocket size either.

View attachment 384410

That's a Beretta 92fs in appendix carry. The long barrel actually makes for a very stable condition.

Duluth Trading firehose cargo pants have cavernous front pockets that have a small change pocket in the bottom of the right front pocket. Perfect for the muzzle to drop down into.

I like the slimness of a government 1911 for Mexican Carry too.

Carry what you're effective with. For me, that's a full size pistol. Pick the one you're the best with, then figure out how to carry it. Don't pick one just because it's easy to carry.

I hate the feel of IWB holsters. Could be due to my spare tire.

Most pants I wear allow pocket carry of a 1911 government, so long as I also wear a vest. I don't do this often, though.

I like working on cars and bicycles as well as guns, and I often have work on my house. The positions I find myself in generally require a retention strap on an OWB holster, or snug pocket carry. I love my horsehide holster, but it gets a lot less use than my leather thumb break.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    This.
    The most reliable gun you can shoot accurately that fits the situation you are most likely to be in at the time. Even if that means having several different for different situations. Real simple.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatal
    i have IWB holsters for, and have carried the following:

Glock 26
    Walther PPS
    Springfield XDS
    S&W Shield
    Glock 19
    Canik TP9 SF Elite
    Sig P365
    Springfield Hellcat

Out of this list, my 2 favorites are the P365 and Hellcat. Why? The comfort of carry with the ratio of rounds of ammo held.
    I only conceal carry and those are very comfortable for me, while providing me the number of rounds I feel I might (but hopefully will never) use someday.
    <>

OK, how about giving us your assessments of P365 vs) “HellCat” ?

leVieux
    ?

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    <>

OK, how about giving us your assessments of P365 vs) “HellCat” ?

leVieux
    ?
    They are pretty damn close, but I'd have to give the edge to the Hellcat by a small margin.
    I shoot both fairly accurately for small pistols, both are close to the same size.
    The Hellcat is a little easier to rack the slide, feels better in my hands, and I get 1 extra round.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    They are pretty damn close, but I'd have to give the edge to the Hellcat by a small margin.
    I shoot both fairly accurately for small pistols, both are close to the same size.
    The Hellcat is a little easier to rack the slide, feels better in my hands, and I get 1 extra round.
    <>

Merci !

!

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    i have IWB holsters for, and have carried the following:

Glock 26
    Walther PPS
    Springfield XDS
    S&W Shield
    Glock 19
    Canik TP9 SF Elite
    Sig P365
    Springfield Hellcat

Out of this list, my 2 favorites are the P365 and Hellcat. Why? The comfort of carry with the ratio of rounds of ammo held.
    I only conceal carry and those are very comfortable for me, while providing me the number of rounds I feel I might (but hopefully will never) use someday.
    I also find the P365 and Hellcat easiest and most comfortable for me.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I’ve gone thru all these thought processes before and have opinions on what I prefer for me and my situation.

I’d rather folks carry what they are comfortable they will use in a defensive engagement that get something that meets certain criteria because they don’t like to practice with it at the range.

I’m looking at you, Mr full house loads in an airweight. I don’t care if it’s a MAGNUM or not, you’re too scared of the recoil moment to be proficient with the gun.
    Yes, I agree. Try various guns that you like and carry the one that feels most comfortable to you. Everyone is different. AND make sure you shoot your carry gun regularly so you know that you know you can be proficient. Just my 2cents.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom