• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I would have said the M2.0 compact until I saw the threaded barrel / suppressor hieght sights. With that as a requirement, I would go with the CZ P-07 with those options already on it. My local shop, Lone Star Defense & Arms, actually has one that I keep checking out everytime I go in there.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-p-07-suppressor-ready/

Well, the PPQ sights actually are not suppressor friendly, which is extremely confusing to me. Why supply a threaded barrel, but not equip it with taller sights.
    I imagine I will eventually replace them, but to be honest, I rarely use my suppressors. I got my first one about 8 years ago, and usually only take them if I am going to be shooting with someone who has never shot with one before.
    Guns International

ExpensiveHobbies

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2015
    Edited, because you said threaded barrel...

Further edited because you want suppressor height sights. Those would have to come from Dawson as an aftermarket part.

WALTHER PPQ M2 9MM NAVY 4.6" BARREL 15 ROUND BLACK

$519.00

X8LvnIB.jpg

This would be my recommendation. I have been pleased with mine as far as the feel, fit, and finish. The sights are the only weakness, but I have the Dawson night sights at suppressor height ready to go on (too lazy to swap). With the short mag, it could be a CCW option. Go fondle one before you choose.

The upgraded more competition driven Walther PPQ with the blue trigger would also be worth a try before committing.

A third idea - have you thought about a red dot on the slide? Might be a fun range toy, something different, and can be carried. They even make folding pistol red dots now.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    This would be my recommendation. I have been pleased with mine as far as the feel, fit, and finish. The sights are the only weakness, but I have the Dawson night sights at suppressor height ready to go on (too lazy to swap). With the short mag, it could be a CCW option. Go fondle one before you choose.

The upgraded more competition driven Walther PPQ with the blue trigger would also be worth a try before committing.

A third idea - have you thought about a red dot on the slide? Might be a fun range toy, something different, and can be carried. They even make folding pistol red dots now.

This is what I purchased yesterday.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yep p01 omega!

I am an FN guy but OP wants suppressor and a 9mm, so fnx45 tactical out of question. Don’t waste money on PPQ or HKs with their high bore axis. Everytime i shoot one, it feels like i am holding a reporter’s microphone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah yes,
    Meh, I'm sure that there will be something wrong with it.....

grumble, grumble, sour grapes.....

Bore axis will be too high...

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I've had 3 Walthers.

1st was a PK380. It was comfortable and accurate but the safety was a terrible design. It would move partially to safe under recoil causing a fail to fire. Squeeze the trigger again and it would shoot. Saw another that was fresh from the box do the same thing. Only saw mine and the other, both having the same issue. If it weren't for that I would say it would have been one of the best centerfire handguns for those that are recoil sensitive.

Next was the PPQ that I'm very please with.

3rd was the PPX which is butt ugly but has a nize trigger and reliable with a threaded barrel for about $300 new. I picked it up for about $200 used. With my Evo I've got a suppressed 9mm for $500 (exculding the stamp).

If they fixed the PK380 I'd probably get another one. Not that I need it or am a fan of .380, but it's a good gun for new shooter. DA pull was a little heavy.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Modern Walthers to get: Any of the PPQ variants. Either of the PPS versions. P99, in its various forms and calibers.

Walthers I could take or leave, but at least they work: PPX, and PPX M2, aka Creed. PPQ 22, fun and cheap, but a classic fixed barrel, hammer fired gun, unlike the actual PPQs.

Walthers to avoid: CCP, PK380, P22, PPK/S .22, post war alloy framed P.38/P1's without the hex bolt introduced in 1975.

Walthers to add to anyone's collection: PP, PPK, PPK/S, P.38/P1 with exception noted above, P4, P5, P88.

And if you just don't know what to do with your money, pre PP models, Olympia pistols.

If you want to spread out, there are also the Magnum Research MR9 pistols which can be had for a song, and Hungarian and Egypt and East German and Czech copies.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, when I said "collection" it was not meant in the literal sense. To me, a collection is like 4 or 5, different calibers, etc....

ETA: But thanks for the suggestions.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Well, when I said "collection" it was not meant in the literal sense. To me, a collection is like 4 or 5, different calibers, etc....

ETA: But thanks for the suggestions.

That's alright, I have no more than 4 or 5, in 3 calibers at the most.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So actually you already had your mind made up, you just needed confirmation. Atta boy! There you go.
    Absolutely not.
    I just thought to ask if they had one of the guns suggested, and really liked it.
    It was actually an afterthought to inquire about it. The RO brought it to me on the range, and as I'm a member, they had no problem letting me use my own ammo.
    After I finished shooting, I looked over their Walther selection and they had 2 of the Navy models. Now they have 1.
    I'll be heading there shortly to pick it up and try it out. They kept it overnight to swap the mag release to the right side for me.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I regret not picking up the PPQ Navy when they were having the $100 rebate awhile back.

Is there a PPQ offered with a threaded barrel that is NOT the "Navy" model, or is there only one offered with threaded barrel, which would make them all "Navy" models?

Top Bottom