• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Yeah I know they are called wheels not rims but that is what they are referred too - mostly.

So what is the advantage to installing a set of hoopties on a stock F150 here in Texas? I know for a fact the heaving roads around here beat the crap out of regular vehicles. I have had mine repaired and paid the high price of pot holes and other irregularities in pavement.

So I see this guy (young extremely thin honky gangster wannabe) with a bone stock used F150 with thousands dumped into a set of Hoopties. We were traveling along side by side, windows down, doing the speed limit at 45mph. Along this road we start rolling over some bad parts and his truck starts making some serious sounds (whack! thump! thump!). Since his tires sidewalls were so short is sure sounded like the wheels were smacking the pavement making a metallic thump sound. At this time he starts hitting the brakes harder and harder. He had no where to turn so he was taking the bumps straight and and was trying to sow down to lessen the hits.

Sure seems like a waste of a ton of money trying to "look" cool you can't drive on Texas roads?

24057210001_large.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I like the guys who buy a set of $1,500 rims and put them on $800 cars like Geo Metros and 80's Pontiac LeMans'.

Last edited:

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    The part I really like is how shitty the quality is. I noticed that the guys who stole a truck from the Academy on the East Freeway Friday got one with large wheels. One of them busted wide open when they went offroading with it. You can see half of it laying in the road in this pic.

Attachments

• 622x350.jpg
      622x350.jpg
      35.9 KB · Views: 141

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    That's nothing. We have a couple crown vics running around in Killeen that are lifted with 40 inch wheels on them. Kind of like this.
    wAkHSpNz.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    On the highway, they glide. The whole purpose before looking pretty. Less side wall, less wobble. But the trade off is firmer, stiff ride over bumps. Its not really an intown type of design.

Think my country arse wont drive a donk'ed out crown vic with 24's. Downtown Killeen. Ill also feel like im riding in a buck board wagon cuz of the lopo tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TxBigfoot

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Red Oak
    I see a lot of old beat to shit police cars that people buy and put those rims on them. It's especially funny when they still have the crash bar and spot light on it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    A little OT, but anyone know what made the crown vic so popular? They do seem to be popular for "fixing up". I've also seen a few with some interesting paint. Looks like they're a rolling advertisement for misc. brands. I don't remember exactly the brands I've seen, but a couple of different types of candy and it seems like a kids cereal.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Low profile tires are pretty pointless on a truck. Those rims would still be "purdy" with more functional tires on them.

I have low profile tires on my RX8 and there they make sense as part of a whole spring/wheel/tire system. They feel great, but I'm constantly dodging pot holes, lol... On the truck I have tires with lots of sidewall because I like using the truck like a truck should be used. i.e. driving over stuff ;)

A little OT, but anyone know what made the crown vic so popular?
    Comfortable, reasonably powerful, fairly reliable, and very affordable. Sedans aren't my thing, but I can see why people like them.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    A little OT, but anyone know what made the crown vic so popular? They do seem to be popular for "fixing up". I've also seen a few with some interesting paint. Looks like they're a rolling advertisement for misc. brands. I don't remember exactly the brands I've seen, but a couple of different types of candy and it seems like a kids cereal.

Because all the people who use to ride in the back of them decided they wanted to drive them when they got out. It's a gangsta thing.

Top Bottom