• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    So since I just picked up a Saiga 12 at the SAXET gun show now begins the arduous process of making it look as cool as humanly possible, so I enlist the collective help of TGT for the process in a segment I call:

PIMP MY SAIGA

I plan on having my Saiga converted by Alex at Dreadnought Industries. From there I plan on installing a barrel shroud from Alumalite (Saiga 12 Custom Shrouds)
    Thing is, I can't decide on which barrel shroud I want to install. Kinda leaning toward this one in TwoTone:

imag023.jpg

Additionally, I was thinking of installing a Magpul angled foregrip instead of the standard vertical foregrip that you see everyone using.

64_333_popup.jpg
    Guns International

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Ah, but I only have two eyes. If I pool the experience of everyone on the forum I'm more likely to find the most entertaining accessories for my Saiga. :)

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I really like that angled foregrip. Looks like it would be very comfortable to shoot. Have you or anyone else here ever had an AR or AK with that foregrip? I'd like to get some opinions on it. As far as looks it ranks way up there.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    I really like that angled foregrip. Looks like it would be very comfortable to shoot. Have you or anyone else here ever had an AR or AK with that foregrip? I'd like to get some opinions on it. As far as looks it ranks way up there.

I have the angled on my 6.8 and really like it. It is comfortable to shoot and I like the hand position. The only issue I have is looking for a new place to mount the pressure switch for my Surefire.

W

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    You're supposed to keep that AFG as far forward as possible, not sure how that will look on a saiga like the one you posted. I'm not a fan of them, but i've never tried it either. I just think it looks stupid how they hold the gun with the AFG, but I'm totally ignoring whatever ergonomic or handling benefits it may give.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    You're supposed to keep that AFG as far forward as possible, not sure how that will look on a saiga like the one you posted. I'm not a fan of them, but i've never tried it either. I just think it looks stupid how they hold the gun with the AFG, but I'm totally ignoring whatever ergonomic or handling benefits it may give.

I've been told mine is too far forward but never too far back! I put it where it was comfortable. That's what makes rails so nice. I've never stood in the mirror and posed with my rifle so I guess I'll never know how stupid I look shooting it, not that the pigs care.

W

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    I've been told mine is too far forward but never too far back! I put it where it was comfortable. That's what makes rails so nice. I've never stood in the mirror and posed with my rifle so I guess I'll never know how stupid I look shooting it, not that the pigs care.

W

My post wasn't directed toward you, your gun looks badass. My post was towards clockwork according to that pic he posted right here, where the only place you can attach the VFG is so close to the magwell

imag023.jpg

and I was referring to this, it just looks weird to me how they hold their guns

MagpulAFG.jpg

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Looks like a kid with a super soaker! I didn't take any offense. I was just commenting on worrying about what I look like vs function. Agreed though that the picture you posted looks a little funny. I've got too many other flaws to worry about what I look like!

W

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Anyone know of any good top folding stocks for a Saiga 12?

I'm thinking side or top folding.

I'd love to get my hands on that Magpul grip at Bullet Hole on Saturday just to get a feel for it. :)

@Southtexaspilot - It's still all completely stock with a 19" barrel. I don't know if I'm even going to fire it before Alex gets his hands on it for a conversion. That said, I'd like to brainstorm and gather around a bunch of parts for it so I can continue to modify and upgrade it after I get it back from Dreadnought Industries. All the coolest stuff Alex does isn't even on their website. I've been fortunate enough to go through his safes and man he has some amazing toys.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Anyone know of any good top folding stocks for a Saiga 12?

I'm thinking side or top folding.

I'd love to get my hands on that Magpul grip at Bullet Hole on Saturday just to get a feel for it. :)

@Southtexaspilot - It's still all completely stock with a 19" barrel. I don't know if I'm even going to fire it before Alex gets his hands on it for a conversion. That said, I'd like to brainstorm and gather around a bunch of parts for it so I can continue to modify and upgrade it after I get it back from Dreadnought Industries. All the coolest stuff Alex does isn't even on their website. I've been fortunate enough to go through his safes and man he has some amazing toys.

I sat for over an hour fondling everything in his BIG safe one day... if the SHTF, I can think of worse places to be than his shop.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    SBR it. On the side folding stock use a push button. The other ones don't work. The over folder or the wire folders hurt like H3!!.
    saiga12.png

This does't work well for folding stocks:
    Hinge.jpg

Use Something like this push button:

MAAFSMPB.JPG

Top Bottom