• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • datboiroy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Hey guys, I have a Daniel Defense M4A1 that is a 14.5" barrel with a pinned and welded muzzle. I recently got approved for a silencer so I want to change it out to the mount for the suppressor. Can anyone recommend a gunsmith who can perform this job? Would prefer to stay close to Cypress area if possible. Thanks.
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Is the mount at least an inch and a half long? If not you will either have to SBR the rifle or swap the barrel.

I would just swap the barrel to a 16" threaded one personally.

I hate fixed muzzle devices.

I can't help with the gunsmith recommendation.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I'd also like the name of someone local who will do this job. I've got an LWRC M6-SL 14.7" that I'd like to use with a Griffin Armament can (M4SDK) but I need to change out the muzzle device to remove the crush washer and add the shims, overtravel stop, and the new muzzle device--a new A2-compatible M4SD flash comp.

HandgunHTR

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lohman Arms on West Little York does good work. They are a bit pricey, but the work that their gunsmiths do is top notch.

Alternatively, if you can pull your barrel by yourself and don't mind sending it off, I fully recommend Dobb's Defense in Hiram, GA. I used to live there and you will not find better people or better work than Bryan Dobbs (owner and machine operator) and his head gunsmith Frank. I haven't lived there in 2 years and I still send my barrels to them for threading. PM me if you want contact info.

Top Bottom