• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston TX, USA
    What are the pins in the 10/22 called? I believe one is the bolt buffer, but the other 2 smaller pins i dont know what they are called? I changed out some parts recently and they were falling out easily on their own. I guess it means they are pretty worn?
    Venture Surplus ad

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    What are the pins in the 10/22 called? I believe one is the bolt buffer, but the other 2 smaller pins i dont know what they are called? I changed out some parts recently and they were falling out easily on their own. I guess it means they are pretty worn?

The two that are captured by the stock (Receiver Cross Pins) do fall out easily.

1022_trigger_group2-e1302599381212.jpg

ruger1022.gif

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I concur. The pins are usually very loose which can be a pain as you work on the action and trigger group. They will actually fall out on the floor if you aren't careful. Once the action is installed in the stock, they can't go anywhere. It's not a good idea to attempt to tighten them in their bores (with loctite etc). Just keep track of them as you work on the rifle.

Flash

txmikenlisa1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    NE Dallas County
    I just replaced those pins and the buffer with Kidd products. The buffer is a plastic material with a hardened steel bar insert. It works very well and keeps the rear movement of the bolt quiet.

The reciever pin kit that kidd sells uses pins with screws in each end to hold them in place. You have to counter sink the screws into your reciever. Its not as difficult as it sounds, kidd provides the drill bit to do it. I recommend starting with a drill until you get a slight countersink that isnt deep enough to get your screws level with the surface of your reciever. Then finishing it to the required depth by hand. If you go to deep the screws wont tighten down enough and you end up with loose pins again.

This pin kit works wonders. I had a loose trigger group that I had to put a small strip of cut credit card between it and my reciever to keep it from moving. But with the Kidd pin kit in place it is locked down tight.

I am overall very impressed by Kidd products and have ordered them for both my 10/22s including handles, springs and guide rods, bolts, pins, and buffers. Someday maybe triggers when I have a spare $300 laying around.

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    +1 with the Kidd bolt bolt buffer...mine chewed through two different brand name polymer buffers in short time...the Kidd has stood up very well.

Top Bottom