• ...and so much more!
  • Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    its not free if you have to pay SS 50 dollars to do it.
    I did mine myself and they were free except for the finger prints. I had to pay $25, which I would have had to buy for a paid form 1. I used the finger print file to register 3 firearms with the same file. So the unconstitutional government permission was free.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    So not free.. Right.. you're making my point your'e still paying to get the stamp. And they can retroactively decide tha tyou need to pay the TAX stamp. Since the ATF is not a taxing authority.
    You can file the eForm 1 yourself for free.

If the rule is thrown out by the courts, the 'conditional approval' is cancelled and no harm is done.

If they issue a new rule that 'condiitional/forbearance' Form 1s now must be tax-paid, you can pay the tax, disassemble the pistol, or ignore the ATF and take your chances.

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX
    Yes, free; you can roll your own fingerprints using the free-from-ATF cards.
    Very true. I opted to pay $25 to have the EFT file done for mine so that I could just upload it rather than rolling my own multiple times and then mailing them in. Just more convenient and I now have the file if I want to form 4 a suppressor.

Anyone know how old the EFT file can be before you need a new one?

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If there are millions of braced pistols (estimates run between 4 million and 40 million), how can you say 'most people caved' when only a 125,000 forbearance Form 1 have been issued?
    Most folks posting here?

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So not free.. Right.. you're making my point your'e still paying to get the stamp. And they can retroactively decide tha tyou need to pay the TAX stamp. Since the ATF is not a taxing authority.

You're confused. There is no $200 tax stamp payment required to register AR pistols as SBR as long as it's done before 31 May 2023...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I did mine myself and they were free except for the finger prints. I had to pay $25, which I would have had to buy for a paid form 1. I used the finger print file to register 3 firearms with the same file. So the unconstitutional government permission was free.

You could have also submitted a photograph of your holding the firearm, for free...

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The payment is not required at this time.

Sorry, I highly doubt the ATF will require payment down the road. They realize their mistake of ever allowing AR pistols with braces not to be classified as SBRs, and are doing their best to correct the situation without further embarrassment.

It's the same with the claim submitting a photo of yourself holding an AR pistol will later be used as evidence of constructive intent/ownership of a non-registered SBR.

A good indicator of both not being true is the fact this ruling hasn't been overturned already.

Still, there will be those who believe otherwise...

thumbs-up-conspiracy.gif

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Sorry, I highly doubt the ATF will require payment down the road. They realize their mistake of ever allowing AR pistols with braces not to be classified as SBRs, and are doing their best to correct the situation without further embarrassment.
    You have a lot more faith in unelected bureaucrats than I do.

A good indicator of both not being true is the fact this ruling hasn't been overturned already.
    Shaky indicator. Courts are slow (ie. bumpstock) and judges need competent arguments to grant injunctions etc.. This is evidenced by the usually 2A friendly Federal Judge O'Connor basically saying to Maxim and the FPC (paraphrasing heavily) "I want to strike this down but your argument sucks. Fix it, come back, and try again".

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    That's what I read as well. The Magpul CTR stock I want to swap out for the "brace" will have to wait at the store until my approval arrives. I don't want to be accused of any "constructive intent!"

There's no such thing as constructive intent. That would be a thought crime.

There is such a thing as constructive possession. If you have other AR rifles that the stock could fit on then you're good.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cardwellfamily5%
    Top Bottom