• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Having trouble with silencer shop firms. The manufacturer is MKE but they have the info listed under century and they won't let me proceed. I already know if I put century it will be denied cause dozens other have posted about the same issue.

I hope their customer service gets back with me quickly.
    I told ya not to use SS.

Here's the thing.

That drop down list is populated by what other people have entered. Mistakes and all.

Put what is ON THE RECEIVER.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    The back and forth on pistols and braces is not what the ATF did with this rule. With this rule, ATF started with what is subject to NFA34, which is a firearm (shotgun or rifle) with a barrel less than 18”, among other things that are not pertinent to this doscussion. Then, ATF went to GCA68 and found that rifle is defined as a weapon

ATF took the route of re-writing 27 CFR 478 to determine what “designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder” meant in contributing to something for NFA34 AND GCA68 purposes. That’s where ATF started with the receiver and said anything with any surface area extending rearward from the receiver is the critical feature that determines if something was designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to he fired from the shoulder.

ATF then said this new understanding is retroactive to the beginning of time and for the appearance of objectivity, ATF’s FATD branch would have to look six other things to actually decide if this weapon is, in fact, a rifle that is subject to NFA34.
    The back and forth on pistols and braces is not what the ATF did with this rule. With this rule, ATF started with what is subject to NFA34, which is a firearm (shotgun or rifle) with a barrel less than 18”, among other things that are not pertinent to this doscussion. Then, ATF went to GCA68 and found that rifle is defined as a weapon

ATF took the route of re-writing 27 CFR 478 to determine what “designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder” meant in contributing to something for NFA34 AND GCA68 purposes. That’s where ATF started with the receiver and said anything with any surface area extending rearward from the receiver is the critical feature that determines if something was designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to he fired from the shoulder.

ATF then said this new understanding is retroactive to the beginning of time and for the appearance of objectivity, ATF’s FATD branch would have to look six other things to actually decide if this weapon is, in fact, a rifle that is subject to NFA34.
    And that EACH weapon would have to be individually inspected by examiners to make that determination.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Attorneys I’ve seen say otherwise. They’re saying that Essentially by registering under the amnesty period you’re admitting that what you were doing was wrong in the first place and by complying you’re asking king Biden and his almighty round table of alphabet boys for forgiveness. This is via Armed Attorneys on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You mean those guys who just want to generate views on Youtube?

No where in the process do you admit to what you claim.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    @TheMailMan too. I'm not arguing the date. What I am saying is common folk that don't live and breathe this stuff will assume they have until the end of the 31st. It's going to jam up a lot of people up. Will it be their fault? Yes. Is it a dick move to quote a date then say it's at 12:01am vs 11:59PM? Yes. Why? Because it goes against common knowledge/perception. I explicitly pointed it out so TGT'ers knew about it. The horse is dead.

Eta: ie, We all know taxes are due April 15th at 11:59PM. Common knowledge.

Any idiot that waited till 5/31 is just that, an idiot. Taxes are due ON April 15th. It's not "you have until April 15th to pay your taxes".

Like I said, English is tricky and not really taught in schools any longer.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    By taking part in the amnesty, as far as they are concerned, by registering your firearm and sending them a photograph of it, you are admitting to a felony that is simply not going to be prosecuted because you complied. What your own views are is irrelevant. In their view, you committed a felony, and you admitted to it.
    You don't have to send a photo of the firearm.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    As I u derstand it, if you efike you have to use the eft format finger prints? No cards with e-file. But you get a cover letter after acceptance telling you how to mail in your cards?

Can't both be correct.

You can use the eForm and send in paper prints, or you can use the eForm and use an EFT print. But either way, you need to send in prints.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    The ATF's position has not always been that a brace is a stock and they have previously issued letters to that effect.
    This is a fact.

The ATF's position is braces were used in a way they didn't envision making them a stock, that they have always been stocks and always will be.
    And this is also correct.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    And that EACH weapon would have to be individually inspected by examiners to make that determination.

Correct, except each F1 submitted includes information that addresses a preponderance of the six factors, allowing FATD to use information from those F1s as reference criterion going forward.

Each F1 submission under this rule is a nail in the coffin for the first submission FATD receives for classification guidance or in the first prosecution.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yet another Internet lawyer who thinks the dictionary definition is the same as the law...

The "amnesty" in this situation is the 120 days to register the firearm.

Just because the ATF changed its interpretation as to what a AR pistol with a brace is doesn't suddenly make owners felons.

After 31 May, that will be the case, but the Fed gave everyone four months to register such weapons. It's better known as a "grace period."

Look that one up in the dictionary, and if you are so sure that those who register the pistols as SBRs will suddenly be prosecuted for admitting they had what was up to 31 Jan 2023 a legal firearm, be sure to post when the first person is charged that after 1 June!

Multiple firearms rights attorneys have echoed what I said. Are you telling me that they're wrong?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Multiple firearms rights attorneys have echoed what I said. Are you telling me that they're wrong?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

If you (and they) are insinuating this is all an elaborate entrapment effort by the Feds to round up everyone with an AR pistol, then yes, you (and they) are wrong.

Honestly, I get not completely trusting the government (I don't, and I even work for it!); but compared to full-length rifles these braced pistols are barely a drop in the bucket.

The current administration is trying to disarm us through propaganda and PSYOPs by turning the average citizen against firearm owners ("do it for the kids!").

Despite what you think the voices you're hearing inside your cranium are telling you, this ain't a set up for a gun grab!

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    If you (and they) are insinuating this is all an elaborate entrapment effort by the Feds to round up everyone with an AR pistol, then yes, you (and they) are wrong.

Honestly, I get not completely trusting the government (I don't, and I even work for it!); but compared to full-length rifles these braced pistols are barely a drop in the bucket.

The current administration is trying to disarm us through propaganda and PSYOPs by turning the average citizen against firearm owners ("do it for the kids!").

Despite what you think the voices you're hearing inside your cranium are telling you, this ain't a set up for a gun grab!
    Little voice:
    it is a set up for a prosecution

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Has anyone used the silencer shop system. My question is after it fills in your atf e form one does it allow you to review and make changes?

Their fee is cheaper than I can get prints alone around hear. Cheapest paper prints is 55 bucks, not saving much there but cheapest eft is over 100 bucks. Since I'm going to do a suppressor anyways it saves me time and a bit of money.

As long as I get the data entry issue ironed out.

I can do the e form one free but still gotta get print cards and mail them in. With silencer shop the eft file is created at the kiosk and then you're done with that.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Has anyone used the silencer shop system. My question is after it fills in your atf e form one does it allow you to review and make changes?

Their fee is cheaper than I can get prints alone around hear. Cheapest paper prints is 55 bucks, not saving much there but cheapest eft is over 100 bucks. Since I'm going to do a suppressor anyways it saves me time and a bit of money.

As long as I get the data entry issue ironed out.

I can do the e form one free but still gotta get print cards and mail them in. With silencer shop the eft file is created at the kiosk and then you're done with that.
    Have you already paid Silencer Shop? Just curious what they charge. I got EFT prints done at a UPS store for $65. They emailed me the print file, then I filled out the eform 1 online myself and attached the print file. If you already have a passport photo, that's all it should cost you. But I think the UPS store does passport photos also.The UPS store at 3245 Main St. in Frisco has the EFT service. That's the closest I could find to Little Elm. Or if you are closer to Crossroads, there is one at 11450 US 380.

The good thing about EFT prints is that you can keep the digital prints on your home PC and use them whenever you need them.

Top Bottom