• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    The deadline was to submit an application, not require .gov any action on that application beyond acknowledging you submitted it and they received it.
    I am fully aware of what the deadline was, but that's not the point. The ATF dictated people register their AR pistols after it overturned itself after a decade. Now we are the ones waiting for them to get around approving the eForm 1s submitted. They are the ones who created this situation, and I will continue to place full blame on them. They overstepped their authority and we are the ones suffering.

And I don't consider the tax forbearance a "gift." I still contend all AR pistols should have been declared temporarily legal SBRs once the applications were submitted. This is a clusterfuck of the highest proportions,
    Capitol Armory ad

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    … I still contend all AR pistols should have been declared temporarily legal SBRs once the applications were submitted. This is a clusterfuck of the highest proportions,

If you have the acknowledgement, ATF has promised no enforcement. And you likely have an injunction against enforcement, too.

However,

… I still contend all AR pistols should have been declared temporarily legal SBRs…
    Prior to the rule and for fifty-some years, large format pistols have been completely legal under both the law and the implementing regulations. BATFE re-wrote the regulation, changing the law, which was a no-no as the courts have decided for now and likely at trial as well.

Twobravo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Tulsa
    hm anyone know if they will still grant the amnesty for tax post expiry?

Feels silly to pay $200 for something that may get overturned in the near future

Move across state line not that there’s anything to do in Oklahoma but we do have the big FU to the brace bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otto_Mation

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Montgomery, TX

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Not really a win, the injunction is extended up to 60 days or until it is reheard by the lower court. So the case goes back to the trial court, under an extension.

If you are looking for a win, the 5th circuit is sending a message to the lower court that they don't like how the " final rule" was implemented. The fat lady is not even tuning up,

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    90 days and counting... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

At least my Geissele waffle mag release buttons should arrive today!

1690977355493.png

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    May 29th. I waited until the last minute hoping it would get pushed.

I wasn’t going to do anything but I’m always driving from Baton Rouge to my place in South Texas and the AR pistol is always with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Uh, aren’t there additional forms or permissions to take an NFA item across state lines?

black_ice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2017
    Uh, aren’t there additional forms or permissions to take an NFA item across state lines?

Yeah that’s the reason I started the registration process. I wasn’t going to do anything and just sit back and hope it got overturned but I actually use the gun and cross state lines. Plus it would do me no good sitting in pieces for who knows how long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Not really a win, the injunction is extended up to 60 days or until it is reheard by the lower court. So the case goes back to the trial court, under an extension.

If you are looking for a win, the 5th circuit is sending a message to the lower court that they don't like how the " final rule" was implemented. The fat lady is not even tuning up,
    Disagree. Reading what the court said, the fat lady has warmed up already.

Top Bottom