• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riggergreg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Whitewright
    Stopped in Red River Firearms in Sherman today. Nice little place. It's only a 25 yd range, but a good place to go test out a handgun. I think they have about a dozen lanes with automated targets. The staff is very friendly and make you feel right at home.

Pretty good stock of supplies and guns for sale. Rental guns and reasonably priced ammo.

Complete CHL packages, along with other private handgun to NRA classes.

If you're in the area, check em out.

[url]www.redriverfirearmsllc.com[/URL]
    Capitol Armory ad

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    My favorite place. Very well run with reasonable prices.
    I plan on taking my CHL there, but havent had a weekend off in two and a half months. :(

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Greg, I've been there. Nice people, but were short on supplies when I stopped by 6 months ago.....but, who wasn't short on supplies 6 months ago. I was in Sherman yesterday, but didn't stop by their place.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Im going to drop by on Saturday morning to make sure my new sights are zeroed before I take my CHL class on the 31st. If you stop by and see a chubby white guy in his late twenties with a squirrel chin say hi. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    My husband and I went shooting here last month. We had quite an enjoyable time and will definitely return when we want to shoot our pistols.
    My hubby is going to their CHL class tomorrow to qualify. Or so he says. I think he's a little nervous. I stashed away a bit of cash from my paycheck for a couple months and presented it to him as holster money. He seemed a little more confident after that. ;)

Anyway, I really did enjoy this range and out of every range I've been to this one ranks in the top three of "women-friendly" ranges. It's also very clean and new. I enjoy the electronic lanes because it makes it much simpler and quicker to set your target where you want it.

Edit: He passed his certification. Just has to send it all in and wait. :) I think he's quite pleased.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    aawwww holster money!
    sounds like a lucky guy!

i havent had the pleasure of an electronic target setup.
    though it looks cool, i dont know, i jsut dont trust robots.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I didn't really like the idea until I used it. It's nice to not have to guess/fiddle with it to get it where you want it. And on the off chance you want to shoot at a yardage not marked, you're set. :) (Or if you have a horrible sense of distance like me...)

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Its really not all tha new really. They just take care of it and dont let the window lickers in.
    I didnt end up going last saturday, there was a charity shooting competition and I didnt feel like messing with the crowd. Going this week before my CHL class on saturday.

John Monroe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Count me as a fan. Only been in a few times since I hate shooting indoors, but they are as good as the best I've been in Oklahoma. Need to get over there to practice the CHL course abit sometime soon.

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Im going to end up spoiled, because thats my home range and the only indoor ive ever been to.
    Headed up there sometime this weeend.

Top Bottom