• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    I need to get my 1911 refinished bad, its pitting and rusted, not terribly since I kept it lightly oiled, but enough it needs a new coating. Any suggestions, prices, experience locally?
    ARJ Defense ad

LilIrishTemper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    DFW - Sherman
    I just had my glock refinished and he does 1911's. He did mine two tone for $175. Cheaper for single color. He gives Military, LEO and Firefighters 15% off. He's got some 1911's on his picture wall that he just did. Firearm Coatings. Great bunch and he is FFL. Hi Cap does Duracoat too might want to PM him too.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I need to get my 1911 refinished bad, its pitting and rusted, not terribly since I kept it lightly oiled, but enough it needs a new coating. Any suggestions, prices, experience locally?
    Did you take it with you to the sandbox?
    What brand is it? I know you're looking for a local shop first, but sometimes the factory does a great job of refinishing their firearms after you've given them a few years of hard use.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    what kind of 1911, and what type of finish do you want? Some places specialize in different coatings, and depending on the brand, the OEM factory might be able to accommodate.

texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    I just had my glock refinished and he does 1911's. He did mine two tone for $175. Cheaper for single color. He gives Military, LEO and Firefighters 15% off. He's got some 1911's on his picture wall that he just did. Firearm Coatings. Great bunch and he is FFL. Hi Cap does Duracoat too might want to PM him too.

Hes out of state I take it? I found another place that does the same but not sure on discount, Ill check this place out...

Did you take it with you to the sandbox?
    What brand is it? I know you're looking for a local shop first, but sometimes the factory does a great job of refinishing their firearms after you've given them a few years of hard use.

I wish! all I have is my M4... luckily I dont have to lug my 203 around its a PT1911 so I dont trust the mfg to refinish very well, I already asked due to the fact it pitted and rusted less than a year after I purchased it even though I gave it a very light coat of oil every cleaning. crap finish from Taurus.

Pics of pitted and rusted 1911?

I dont have any currently as Im playing 'not a war military operations' in the desert... :banghead:

what kind of 1911, and what type of finish do you want? Some places specialize in different coatings, and depending on the brand, the OEM factory might be able to accommodate.

PT1911. I want a finish that will protect the thing for more than a year lol. I just want the pistol to last in a black color, nothing spiffy. I didnt buy it to be a pretty gun, just that it was a 1911 and I had read some good things about them. just the finish has sucked so far, its actually a fairly accurate and smooth shooting pistol.

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    Jim Richmond in San Antonio does recoating out of his garage. He has done three firearms for me now and they have all been first class jobs and his prices are the best.

W

texasz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2011
    Central Texas (Im back!)
    Hi Cap on this forum does Dura Coat, I believe.

Ill have to shoot him a PM, gives me another option...

Jim Richmond in San Antonio does recoating out of his garage. He has done three firearms for me now and they have all been first class jobs and his prices are the best.

W

Is he a member on here? Know what finish he uses? Website? Pics?

southtexaspilot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    San Antonio
    He does Duracoat and cleans it with a good media blast first. Here is a pic of a 1911 he did for me. Jim is not on here that I am aware of but I would be happy to give you his contact info. He works out of his garage and has an impressive setup.

001-1.gif

He did everything that is in black. I spent $105 for this one and he did all assembly.

W

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom